1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW10H Owners Help Please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Zack Attack, May 11, 2005.

1. Zack Attack

Zack Attack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I am unable to get a demo of the Epson TW10H in my area, so I ask for the good owners of TW10H projectors to help me in this tough time!

Could all TW10H owners please tell me what they think of their machines? How have you got them connected up and what kind of results do you get with this connection? Is it possible to get a 75" image from 2.7m away? What would the picture quality be like at these lengths, also with watching in the dark with theatre black mode on? Is watching movies a fun experience? What do friends say about it? Any chance you could post pictures of it in action?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

2. FaB*Bo*Peep

FaB*Bo*Peep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgive me for being lazy - I have cut + pasted my below response from another similar post of mine, (I bring to your attention the part marked with ****** as in my opinion this answers your question exactly, (but I must stress this is just my opinion ).

I must also say that mine is a TW10 not a 10H - not to sure what the difference is. And I always use it in "theatre black mode" which I find gives the most realistic picture but you do have to fairly carefully control the ambient light in the room.

My screen is 69" wide (sorry I did say I was lazy and can't be bothered to measure the diagonal), and the projector is ceiling mounted 82" back from the screen.

Friends are always amazed and I can't keep my sister and family away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have had my Epson TW10 for a couple of months now and can honestly say that I am constantly amazed by the picture quality every time I turn it on, (and I am not easily satisfied trust me) .

I am currently feeding it a progressive scan signal via a component lead from a Pioneer 575 dvd player, but even when I had an older dvd player linked up via a non progressive scan s-video lead the results were still awesome .

looking at the images produced on screen it is hard to believe that this projector has such a basic resolution, the images look far better than the paper specs suggest.

Thats not to say that there are not better projectors out there because undoubtedly there are, but keeping in mind the price of the TW10, ******I doubt very much if I would enjoy watching a film any more on a more expensive projector******, coupled with a decent sound system the whole experience is totaly incredible.

For the money I think you will be hard pushed to find a better projector."

3. dave_h34

dave_h34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    For the money I would say its pretty good, generally reviewed by the magazines as 4*s (at £999) so its a bit of a steal for £550. I have a 62" screen, projected from 2.4m, watched from 3.5m. If I look for it I can see the screen door effect (like all budget projectors it is quite low resolution = big pixels) and every now and again you can pick up a bit of vertical banding. I'm sure a bit of tweaking would sort it out but generally I'm too busy revelling in a big screen with nice natural colours, no motion blurring and good quiet operation.

4. cartmin

cartmin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    havent posted in a while ...too busy watching my new epson .....answer your question ? :D

aslong as you feed it with a decent source ....not many images stand up from being blown up to that size without one ..you will be fine ....are there better pj's ? ..... yes ..... for that money ? ..... maybe 1 or 2 ..... are you prepared to take a risk on rainbows ? ...... no = buy it and enjoy ... now off to watch another movie :hiya:

5. Ripco

Ripco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    FRIGGIN EXCELLENT.

Machine is just ok with tv signal through normal RF Aerial but mainly because I wired the house for TV its on the last loop of three and not running through a scart.

Screen size can go to MASSIVE and with dvd picture quality is good as the rest of your system. I bought mine recently as I had been waiting some time to buy one. Along with my 4 cinema chairs at the back of my room, Im having a ball. Not even ceiling mounted mine yet as I cant stop watching it long enough.

People who buy £500-600 projectors are happy with the results of this little beauty. Any more spent on systems and I categorise you lot as over-extravagent pointless purchasers. Ok so my 43" RP tv cost £1300, more than my whole other cinema setup. Oops. :eek:

Sum Up: I love my Epson. :thumbsup:

Ok so the dvd is a sh*tty £35 player but it is the only player atm that plays all of my stuff. My Samsung gave up playing lots of stuff ages ago and my dvd recorder aint multiregion as of yet. God bless my Samsung 709 that went to dvd heaven ages ago. Anyway I think it is mainly the sound that suffers with my pacific player, (Although IMHO I love the little beast for playing anything apart from divx that you throw at it).

My projector is roughly 13ft from the screen and all my cinema seats are now on the back wall. I find that even at the cinema my eyes are very slow at keeping up with fast moving images and the sick feeling kicks in if my seats are not the full distance away, (My friend and I debated smaller picture or seats further back, Duh its a cinema so the seats were moved).

Tried to take photos but my Samsung digi camera isnt good enough to either take pics with or without flash in the dark. :oops:

6. FaB*Bo*Peep

FaB*Bo*Peep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1st time I've tried posting pics so I hope it works. Mind you I must stress that neither my camera or my ability to hold it still in low light does the projector image justice but at least the pics give you some sort of idea of why I like mine sooooooo much :clap: .

Attached Files:

7. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    its awesome!! few minor niggles but epson service good and the warranty is fantastic especially at the price! never get over the cinema in your own home feeling! especially when watching things like incredibles, monsters inc, nemo etc.
    need a bit of distance to get best results, im too close to mine as room doesnt allow better but moving in six weeks so all will be well again!!

8. FaB*Bo*Peep

FaB*Bo*Peep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have added some more pics to my previous post so feel it's worth a bump for all you would-be TW10 owners.

Why are you still sitting there - go and buy one now :thumbsup:

9. Zack Attack

Zack Attack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks everyone, its much appreciated