1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW10H; help with image size.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MyBoxLife, Jul 27, 2005.

1. MyBoxLife

MyBoxLife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Does anybody have any final thoughts before the point of no return (Already there, for some of it)?

What I already have!
    Phillips Widescreen TV
    Epson TW10H Projector
    Sony DVP-NS700V DVD Player
    Thomson TIVO
    Phillips VCR
    Sony PS2 Games Console
    Phillips VL1200 Signal Sender

What I’m about to spend cash on!
    Pioneer VSX-2014i-S Receiver (£400.00)
    NOW, maybe the Pioneer VSX-AX5Ai-S Receiver (£665.00)
    Mordaunt-Short Avante 908, 905c, and 902 (£589.79)

What I want to spend cash on, some time soon!
    HTPC Unit

‘hornydragon’ has already pretty much clarified my preferred connection options.

Questions!

My intend was to mount the projector 4.8m away from a 200cm wide by 195cm high screen, with an ideal height clearance of 110cm (So 200cm x 110cm), thinking I could adjust the image accordingly to fit the screen as desired, unfortunately, it seems I can’t, from what I’ve managed to play, limited by time restrictions, I can downsize (Zoom -) the image enough to create a good sized 16.9 image, but when it switches to 4.3, it’s way to big. The latter tests were achieved by plugging the PS2 via Composite to the projector, as I’ve not got the other cables yet. Will I be able to achieve more favourable results with a Component feed? I’d really appreciate if somebody with the same Projector at a throw distance of 4.8m, or thereabouts, can shed some light, before I either spend some cash on a wall or ceiling mount, the missus will not be impressed with the latter :(. BTW, the calculator at ‘Projector Central’ suggests that I should have the projector at a throw distance of 3.7m, for a 4.3 image of 147cm x 110cm, and a 16.9 image of 196cm x 110cm.

2. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not sure I 100% understand the problem. If I do understand, I had a similr problem, as the Epson is good at getting large images from a short throw distance, but from a longer distance the image size is very large (obviously) and there is little adjustment. From playing with the "Calculator" more recently I have found quite a few projectors which are better for long throws.

The calculations you have seem right.

I therefore had to get the projector closer to the screen, I didn't want to ceiling mount so I made a retractable shelf. See attached. This gave me another 30cm's.

See thread
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208179

As I said not sure this is what you were asking but I thought it may help.

3. MyBoxLife

MyBoxLife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    You've hit the problem on the nose 'lee789', and cracking idea with the retractable shelf, wouldn't give me the distance though, as I'm having to go from 4.8m to 3.7m, and also, I don't have a unit behind me, just bare wall, this does though open up some ideas, thanks!

4. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No I don't think this would work with 1.1m !

Good luck.