1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW10H "better" remote control?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by RichKS, May 6, 2005.

1. RichKS

RichKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Everyone who's ever seen one of these will know that the remote is small, fragile looking, easy to use and feels horrible. Can someone recommend a multi-function/programable/learning remote that they know works with Epson PJs?

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I'm not an expert but don't most/all of these multi device learning remotes work by pointing whatever existing remote you like at the multi one and it "learns" the signals. Hence you should be able to use any?

...PJ

3. RichKS

RichKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    From an extensive trek about town, apparently no. Most of them appear to "know" what input devices want. ie, they are pre programmed with a set of controls for most high street kit.

4. willsy2

willsy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    The Cambridge Audio M1+ seems to learn from your existing remote.
    Review here
    Available from Richer Sounds for £49.95.
    I'll probably get one to replace my Epson PJ remote. I'ts bound to get lost otherwise.

5. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    mine never lives in the funky little slot (although i think its a great idea!) the alst thing i want to do is go scrabbling round the back of the projector for the remote!
    I definitely need a learning remote but Im gonna want to do macros and Im not sure how it will handle the lack of dedicated input buttons for the PJ. having the two inputs to each button is a real pain!!
    anyone know any way round this?

6. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hmmm just done a tutorial setup on logitechs site and maybe that wont be a problem, it seems to know the dual button bit and appears to be able to handle it fine.

7. RichKS

RichKS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I have a Cambridge Audio M1 which I bought about 6 years ago. I don't use it because of the pathetic battery life and the fact it uses AAAs. And it's too big and heavy for my hands, I found it rather uncomfortable. Plus it never seemed to work with my Wharfdale DVD player, which kinda defeated the point of having it.

I've just bought the Gemini "learning remote" for 15 quid from Asda. I'll see how I get on with that.