1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW10H and good DVD player

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by YorkDVD, Jan 12, 2005.

1. YorkDVD

YorkDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi first time posting a thread but have read them for a while.
    I had bought an Epson EMP TW10H just before Christmas and a 92’’ pull down screen feeding it from my DVD player on an s-video lead (Sony DVP-NS300) that has no progressive scan. I am pleased with the picture but have read that a progressive scan one is better on component, could anybody please advise me on a good DVD player I can purchase for around £100. I have looked at a lot of DVD player manufacturers sites but not sure which is the best for the money.

Any feed back is much appreciated

2. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's getting to be a bit of a cliched answer, but the Pioneer DV575 offers huge "bang for the buck". It's a tiny bit over £100 (look in DVD forums, think it has been seen for £105 somewhere), but offers PAL and NTSC progressive, DIVX and also SACD playback. Currently using one with my TW10 and don't have a bad word to say about it for the money.

3. ismangil

ismangil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also got one to go together with our Infocus X1. It also plays DVD-Audio!