1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW10H and a power cut

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gamerfreak2002, Apr 17, 2005.

1. gamerfreak2002

gamerfreak2002
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ive had my projector for around 16 months now. but one thing thats always been on my mind is a power cut im guessing its number 1 on the fear list for anyone with a projector. i constantly look at the weather chanels im going insane. but eventualy i stoped looking at wether chanels becouse the fear was ruening my experience.
    well to the point about 3 days ago it happend whilst playing a wonderful game of pgr2 on xbox live. a 2-3 second power cut everything splat naturly I s**t myself.
    1. becouse my amp boomed becouse of the cut(very bloody loud)
    2.my beloved projector just went of
    i quickly got up unpluged the box all the leads and took it to the coolist place in the house still worying. hoping that the cool room would hopfuly somhow replace the fan

the folowing day i pluged it back in prayed and pressed the power button,.. it beeps... fires up... and i thank god.
    My projector lives another day :thumbsup:

has anyone else evr had any kind of experience like this?

xbl tag:MEGABUSA

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Do a search on this forum and you'll find many references to power cuts. Though I personally think a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) is OTT I think in your case it may be a good idea!
    ...PJ :)

3. Gillykid

Gillykid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I mad in thinking a power cut shouldn't really affect the projector. You just need it to cool down on its own surely?? Can anyone clarify? :confused:

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562