1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW100 being discontinued

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by av_enthusiast, Jul 12, 2003.

1. av_enthusiast

av_enthusiast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/home_theater_news071103.htm

However we have just received a copy of an email sent by Epson management to its dealers last month. That email states that the company has decided to discontinue availability of the TW100. Furthermore it instructs recipients of the email to pull down references to the TW100 from their websites and to discontinue sales/marketing efforts.

This explains the large price reductions of the TW100 in line with the Sony HS10 price point, but is there a new product coming from Epson or are they leaving the Home Cinema market due to the prices being too competitive?

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    If you follow the threads over on AVS it is now seen most likley that they are changing their sales strategy and removing the product from the indirect sales channles to concentrate sales viw their own direct sales channels. By all accounts they have been dissatisfied with the current sales strategy (web dealers et al) and have decided to change that.

Over at AVS there are numerous posts with one stating that they will be relaunching the TW100 via their own direct sales arm. If this happens it wouldn't surprise me to see the prices go back up:(

Time will tell and that time, I believe, will only be weeks.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heard several weeks ago now that a new model was due out from Epson in the next 2/3 months & the TW100 was consequently being price reduced/discounted.

Strongly suggested (from a very reliable source that further price reductions were likely immediately preceeding the new model's launch.

Don't go along with this "Epson direct marketing" story (sorry Messiah :blush:) as the TW100 has been around for ages now & the last thing I forsee is a "re-launch".

TW100s sub £2k within 2 months I reckon.

Still believe the HS10 is a far better projector though & just £2k now. Noisy blighter (in non-ideal conditions) though & throw would/will be a problem for many.

My prediction :)

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Good to hear from you Kramer. Been a bit quiet of late :)

Great news for all new and prospective buyers if it happens. (Was only quoting the other side of the story from over at AVS) The continual downward price spiral of pjs is bad news for the second hand market but great for new purchasers.

Gotta love this (wallet eating) hobby :)

5. BBCuk2day

BBCuk2day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kramer you say the hs10 is the better pj but unfortunately its throw is too long for me so would you recommend the tw100 as a good short throw pj against the other (non hs10) pjs?