1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson TW10-H Pixel Check

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Check One, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Check One

Check One
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I got a TW10H from DABS.com just before xmas and on the second day it started playing up. Red light flashing at 1 sec intervals.

Phoned Epson and they said that Dabs would replace it free of charge with a brand new one even gave me a DOA reference number to quote.

5 E-mails and 2 weeks later all I got from Dabs was 5 automated E-mails. Phoned Epson again and they said they would send me a new one when they got them back in stock.

It arrived this afternoon and seems to start up fine but i think it has quite a few dead pixels but I'am not really sure how to check it properly. Can someone please tell me whats the best way to do a pixel check.

TA CHK1

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Display full red, green, blue, white & black fields. A good close inspection of the screen will reveal any dodgy pixels.

Avia has such colour fields or you can download several utilities from the net if using a PC. Try a search for Nokia monitor test etc..

:smoke:

3. Check One

Check One
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help Kramer. I not sure if I'am seeing dead pixels or not, under white, red, green & blue backgrounds everything is fine. But under a black background I see 1 red, about 10 green and 30 blue.
    ????

4. YorkDVD

YorkDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Check One I’ve the same projector and find that I have got a dead pixel which is constantly green. I phoned Epson and they said that they replace units when two adjacent pixels are dead or seven around the screen.