Epson tw 9400/6040bu won't display blue ray player

Shenil

Novice Member
I am a home theater problem which has confounded for a week.
I bought a new 4k upscaling projector a week back.
The picture quality is awesome.
Netflix cable and hard drive media player is working fine.
But when I connect blue ray player I get a message,. Not supported.
Earlier it was working fine with my old projector.
I have two BD player both of them not working. Same message.
I brought the player upstairs and connected to my TV it works fine.
Just can't find the reason.
HDMI is also 4k 60/2.2 .
Nobody not on forums has the solution.

razy60

How are you connecting to the PJ via an amp or something else?
How long is the HDMI cable?
Do you have ant other displays connected?
What player is it?

Luminated67

I’m pretty sure your problem is the HDMI cable, the AVR or Bluray player is reading that the Epson is capable of receiving a 4K image and either one of them is upscaling and your existing cable doesn’t support this despite what it might claim. Bet your existing cable is more than 7.5M long.

An optical HDMI cable will sort you out.

Shenil

Novice Member
I have sort of nailed the problem. I too was suspecting HDMI problem. I first tried sending the feed to my projector directly bypassing my Yamaha 3070 receiver from my usual cable. still i drew blank. Then i got a small HDMI cable from my friend which came with his new ultra HD Blue ray player 700. This time i got the picture. You are RIGHT its the HDMI being too long 25 feet in my case. Now the problem is which HDMI should i use? But at least i found out the problem. Thanks to you and all who tried to help me.

Luminated67

I have sort of nailed the problem. I too was suspecting HDMI problem. I first tried sending the feed to my projector directly bypassing my Yamaha 3070 receiver from my usual cable. still i drew blank. Then i got a small HDMI cable from my friend which came with his new ultra HD Blue ray player 700. This time i got the picture. You are RIGHT its the HDMI being too long 25 feet in my case. Now the problem is which HDMI should i use? But at least i found out the problem. Thanks to you and all who tried to help me.
Ok so as I thought it was the HDMI.

Which’s HDMI to buy? Well that’s easy because it needs to be an Optical version which is uni-directional but the thing is they vary greatly in price and the thing is it’s all ones and zeros so basically if it works all are as good as the next regardless of price.

This is the one I bought from Amazon, you can pay double this if you wish but if it works why spend more but being fibre you need to be more careful with it than a regular cable. I’ve used mine for 18 months now and zero issues.

Shenil

Novice Member
I doubt that this brand is available in India. But sure I will go for optical one. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom