Epson TW-7400 Projector

Lsjpt00

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just picked up an Epsom TW7400 on Very for £1399 - a meer £800 off rrp. It was too good a price not too. I’ve been looking for a replacement for my trusty TW6100 which has served me well. I note Amazon we’re doing it for £1350 but only for about 12 hours yesterday and not with 12 months BNPL 0%. Very price is still current.

Does anyone own this projector? How does it compare to the previous TW7300? How is it with 4K content and HDR?

Many thanks.

Does anyone own this projector? How does it compare to the previous TW7300? How is it with 4K content and HDR?

Many thanks.

Should receive mine on Tuesday I think.

The 7400 has a little better contrast small increase in brightness and apparently better at dealing with HDR and the eshift process is better to give a better 4k compared to the 7300. I'd say if you already had the 7300 no big deal and this was more of a ploy to add in a new pricing structure and not cost much R&D. But as the 7400 was cheaper in the sale smiles all round.

Should receive mine on Tuesday I think.

The 7400 has a little better contrast small increase in brightness and apparently better at dealing with HDR and the eshift process is better to give a better 4k compared to the 7300. I'd say if you already had the 7300 no big deal and this was more of a ploy to add in a new pricing structure and not cost much R&D. But as the 7400 was cheaper in the sale smiles all round.
Hi there,
Did you order yours from Very too or another shop?

I got it from Amazon because I couldn't get to richer sounds before they closed.

Really, how much was it there - I didn’t look there?

That’s a great deal that. It’s £1799 now so you did really well.

Will soon let you know if there is much difference between the 7300 and 7400 as expecting the 7400 today if it comes on time, sent the 7300 back to swap for the 7400.

ordered mine from Very as well and signed up as new customer to get another 10% off bringing price down to £1263 including delivery. upgrading from a Infocus X10 so hoping to see a big difference . not had 3D before so which glasses would people choose to go with it please?

Very said my Tw7400 has just been dispatched.

2-4 days if coming from Epson.

Getting excited.

Will soon let you know if there is much difference between the 7300 and 7400 as expecting the 7400 today if it comes on time, sent the 7300 back to swap for the 7400.

What do you mean you sent back the 7300 to swap for the 7400, was their a fault on your 7300.

Last edited:
What do you mean you sent back the 7300 to swap for the 7400, was their a fault on your 7300.
Nope had the 7300 for a week before the 7400 came up at the same price from amazon, so got the 7400 returned the 7300, then the 7300 came up again in a flash sale amazon got it for £899 sent the 7400 back.

What let the 7400 down compared to the 7300? Was it just fan noise?
Also got a clicking noise, dynamic iris on high flickered every scene change and colour not quite so rich as the 7300. Not saying the 7400 was bad but apart from it being a touch sharper that was it I could see upgrade wise, but fan was a issue for me as not in a huge room and projector above my head and for HDR you want full brightness so really need the option to run it in high lamp mode.

Also got a clicking noise, dynamic iris on high flickered every scene change and colour not quite so rich as the 7300. Not saying the 7400 was bad but apart from it being a touch sharper that was it I could see upgrade wise, but fan was a issue for me as not in a huge room and projector above my head and for HDR you want full brightness so really need the option to run it in high lamp mode.
I have just got my 7400 ,I have had none of the problems you have even having the iris on fast & sitting next to it it is very quiet,the projector in my opinion is far superior to the 7300 which went back to amazon as it went faulty & I found out it was a customer return I had been sent as a new unit also compared to the Optoma 40 I have as well it knocks it out of the park for quality price etc,

I have just got my 7400 ,I have had none of the problems you have even having the iris on fast & sitting next to it it is very quiet,the projector in my opinion is far superior to the 7300 which went back to amazon as it went faulty & I found out it was a customer return I had been sent as a new unit also compared to the Optoma 40 I have as well it knocks it out of the park for quality price etc,

Good so pleased for you :)

The only negative I have found so with the 7400 is the lense memory is not very accurate.

The only negative I have found so with the 7400 is the lense memory is not very accurate.

Do you think that'd be inherent in the design or something that may vary unit to unit?

Hi All,

I bought the TW7400 as well when it was cheap on amazon.co.uk, and received it last friday. I was apparently unlucky with the unit I received as it is noisy in 4K, it is more noisy than the fan when setting the lamp mode on middle option (can't remember the name).

This is both when the 4K enhancement is enabled or when 4K material is sent to it, the sound is just like a fan :(
I'm actually thinking about not sending it back, as first of all I'm lazy and secondly I actually can't see a difference between 1080 and 4k from my couch. Up close it just seems like the space between the pixels in 1080 mode is a little shifted in 4K (I know the technology does this), however visually doesn't add much from my seating area (I use a flat white wall with very little texture on as a screen).

Having said that I'm fully happy with it running in 1080, the picture is still amazing coming from an old 720p Panasonic projector, and the fan doesn't say much in eco mode, but iks still audible.

Do you think that'd be inherent in the design or something that may vary unit to unit?
As a guess its by design.
When I load a lense memory the image is slightly high and to the left so I might save it slightly low and to the right to see if it loads correctly.
You never know it might work :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom