• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Epson tw-5300 Slanting Image

block

Established Member
Hi another one who picked the tw5300 at a great price as a step into projectors.

Not sure if it's a problem but I put the projector on a table facing the wall just to get used to it, turned it on and the image is slanting from left to right. The table is flat and it's pointing straight on towards the wall.

I can use the keystone to adjust it but was wondering is the projector faulty or that is the norm and one just use the keystone adjustment?

Gilbers

Established Member
It sounds like the projector isn't pointing square on at the wall. Try rotating it left or right around it's vertical axis. If I'm right, turning it toward the side of the image that is currently shorter should fix things.

block

Established Member
Actually it was a keystone setting wasn't at 0. I know I feel a bit stupid but first projector and I have heard of it before but for some reason although looks brand new and unopened the setting was not at 0
So I kept turning the projector slowly left and right at first to no effect lol a Mr.Bean moment.

Thanks guys for the replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom