1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

epson tw-10h bulb probs

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ducati, Aug 27, 2004.

1. ducati

ducati

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi im new to the pj sceen i have just recived my tw10 h worked fine for 1 week every time i switched on even while still worm. but now i cnt start it up even if i used it about 3 hours ago if i leave it off over night its fine works ok. it just ceeps strikeing the bulb over and over untill a warning light flashes . i do all the normal cheaks balb aint broken or any thing i havent given the bulb any hard shock or soft f that matter . funny thing is if it dunt work i take out the bulb move it about and put it back in and it works fine.
    is my hardwear falty or are therese normal charicteristics.

i just wonderd if anyone can help me wid this one got me well and truly stumped :mad:

:lease: help me

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If it's a week old, bring it back to your dealer for a replacement or a replacement lamp (they're usually covered by a 90 day warranty, the lamp, that is).

It's a little difficult to read your post - I'm not trying to wind you up or anything, but punctuation, grammer and spelling help make sense for people who might wish to help you. I take it from your post :

... If you were in the habit of switching the projector on while it was still warm, there's a fair chance that you've damaged the lamp - it's probably the most effective way to kill the lamp, actually, short of smacking it with a hammer (which I understand from your post you haven't done...). It's called a "hot start" and should be avoided. Assuming that you get a replacement lamp or projector, I'd strongly advise that you should let the projector cool down fully before turning it on again.

... unusual.....

.. No it's not normal, but then neither are hot starts........

As I said, bring it back for a warranty repair/replacement. If it's out of warranty then a new lamp would appear to be needed, but you should get it checked by a repair centre first.............. the lamp working after you take it out, move it about and put it back in again sounds odd to me.

Sean G.

3. 3804

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    ducati
    was just about to post the same problem
    the tw10h has worked fine for 6 weeks ,i switch on, the bulb does not operate at all
    I switch off wait a while ,power back up ,still nothing
    but move it around !!power up works normally
    But it doesnt happen every time
    Anybody else have the same problem

4. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If you do a search for past threads, this has been discussed before. You are not alone! In fact my PJ has just gone back to Epson AGAIN because of this fault.

5. markpearcy

markpearcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, on NYE mine started doing the same, flashing red every second after power up and no........ not until reading here, have i been aware of hot starts, knew of cool downs, not hot starts though..hmmm, maybe that was it that caused it.

anyway, i seem to get round it by holding the power button down for three seconds, like ur bypassing the child lock...seems to work...and it seems a bit of a kerfuffle to send it back to epson...

6. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    just a quickie, shouldnt be a fuss to send it back to epson cos i think these sare all covered by a 3 year uk on site warranty so someone comes out to you?!

7. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    From my personal experience, if you decide to get it fixed I would insist Epson take it back and repair it themselves. The alternative is a replacement (not new) unit from their 3rd party repairer and I had 3 different ones before I started throwing teddies out the pram!

I'm currently using a loan EMP-800 as they couldn't fix mine before Xmas. If I was you I'd get it fixed now while you can.