Epson R220 life extinct; recommend a new printer please

bri160356

Standard Member
Hi, my aged and trusty(ish!) Epson R220 inkjet photo printer has died on the operating table after my latest repair effort (in a long line!) proved futile.
I haven’t bought a printer for my personal use for many years and having spent hours trawling various sites I have to admit to being completely underwhelmed by the choice/quality of printers out there.

After reading countless reviews on Amazon I am no closer to choosing a new printer than when I started. The Amazon review system is fine but as I’m sure you know (especially with the more technical equipment) the product reviews, both good and bad, very often say more about the reviewer than they do about the product.

I do quite a lot of printing (text/photo) but usually in batches; I need a good quality ‘photo’ inkjet printer that will reproduce prints equal to or better than my late R220. A4 size is fine; don’t need A3. Print speed is not really a major factor.

I need a printer with ‘CD/DVD print’ function. I don’t need an ‘All in one’ Scan/Fax etc printer.

Very importantly, I need one that uses cheap compatible ink cartridges.

Budget; ideally up to £150’ish, but would happily go a bit higher for the right printer.

Any forum members use, or have recently purchased, a printer that would suit my requirements?

All replies gratefully received and many thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom