Epson projector problem

daveat22

Standard Member
I have used an Epson TW6100 for some 8 years now and I love it. I have just bought a LG Oled television and wired it in to a Sony 1080 receiver the same as before, that is HDMI in from the Sky Q box and two cables out, one to the tele and one to the projector. Incidentally the Q box was new with the television. Guess what since the new tele and Q box I cant get a picture on the projector. I have run through all the settings and connections but no picture. It's not a blown bulb because I get the script on the screen if I press settings on the projector remote. I am going to wire the projector straight into the Q box this evening to see if that works , but any suggestions would be welcome.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Have you tried dropping the resolution 1008p on the Sky Q and also switching HDR off if it has that feature. It could be that the HDCP is taking over because the resolution or picture format is something the projector isn't designed to work with. I've unsure how you turn the HDR off on a Sky Q box although it seem lowering bitrate from 10bit to 8bit within the screen setting section having had a quick read on the web seems to work

daveat22

Standard Member
Shane- thanks to you using a common sense approach to the problem, I reduced the resolution of the output from the Box and the projector lit up so thanks for that.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom