1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson photo 915 (stand alone use) - Compatible Cartridges

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by fmason, Nov 2, 2003.

1. fmason

fmason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Anyone having difficulty using the 915 (stand alone - no computer) with non-epson cartridges.

I bought this printer for my Mum to use with her Canon Ixus 400 / Compact flash card - She doesnt have a PC so the 915 is a great solution. Used up the supplied Epson colour cartridge pretty quickly (as you do during week 1 of a new printer!) and tried to install a compatible today (I use the same (compatible) brand with my photo 830/Win XP with no problems - get the usual "This is a non-Epson cartridge do you want to continue" message). The printer wouldnt carry on. i.e red cartridge empty/paper problem light continuing on red - printer display continuing to flash cartridge empty error code - despite pressing the charge cartridge button on the printer.

I do hope this isnt an Epson hard-coded "feature" in the printer firmware to stop stand-alone users using non-Epson cartridges!!

Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks

2. stuthemong

stuthemong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i know nothing about which carts can be used, but a lot of manufacturers put much smaller print carts in as a 1st set.

Also, you lose a lot initially priming the head.

a replacement epson cart will last longer than the first. Maybe worth a go?

Stu

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Post something here at 18:00 and then I will see it and paste in the URL for £4 cartridges