Epson LS10000 Laser projector

Nodular

Hi
I have just purchased a second hand EH-LS10000, after initial setup getting a excellent picture, but the focus keeps drifting out slowly by its self. It is running firmware 1.2, just wondered if this is a know issue.
Thank you
Alan
Mine has never done that with nearly 4000 hrs use.

Alan Bickers

Well it looks in excellent condition and only has 157 hours on it, just don't understand why it would move out of focus by it's self.

GrazzaB

Well it looks in excellent condition and only has 157 hours on it, just don't understand why it would move out of focus by it's self.

I do sometimes have to refocus slightly, but it’s only occasional and doesn’t bother me. There is a newer F/W - I think they released 1.30 or 1.31. It should be on the Epson site.

bandyka

it did happen to mine occasionally but not frequently.

Alan Bickers

I’m glad to say that it appears to now be working as it should. I don’t know what was wrong but manually driving the focus to it two limits a few times seems to have sorted it out.
Cheers

Hey guys,

Have had my projector for 5 years almost now, with pretty much daily usage.

However, im not sure when it started happening but i just realised that when you turn off the projector, the right side Lens cover doesn't budge and doesn't close, only the left side one moves from down to up.

Anyone else had this issue or knows how to fix this?

Thanks

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Mine did this, although it was some years ago now.
The only fix was to return it to Epson for a repair.
Took about 2 weeks if I recall correctly and it was still in warranty at the time.

Mine did this, although it was some years ago now.
The only fix was to return it to Epson for a repair.
Took about 2 weeks if I recall correctly and it was still in warranty at the time.
Oh man, no way i can last even 1 day without the projector let alone 2 weeks 😭

If theres no fix that anyone knows about that, then its looking more and more likely that i will have to live with this issue!
BTW, can i ask how long is the Epson Warranty that comes with it? Is it 5 or 3 years? As my projector is just under 5 years old.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
Does it not have an option like the JVC units to leave the lens cover permanently open? For most installations the mechanism is superfluous as there's not enough dust to be an issue and the projector is mounted out of the way. Most new projectors dispense with such frivolities now.
(And if there is enough dust, you probably shouldn't be running a projector!!!)

5saladz

My PJ has the same lens cover issue. I've lived with it for years as I too couldn't be bothered to send it for repair for such a trivial issue.

aliencinema

3 years warranty,
Mine did it, epson collected it, serviced it and did the latest firmware ,had it back in a week
It was under warranty

mcspongy

Oh man, no way i can last even 1 day without the projector let alone 2 weeks 😭

If theres no fix that anyone knows about that, then its looking more and more likely that i will have to live with this issue!
BTW, can i ask how long is the Epson Warranty that comes with it? Is it 5 or 3 years? As my projector is just under 5 years old.
It was possible (but pricey) for owners to buy an extension to the warranty, think you can still check the status here though:

Like others, i had same on mine couple of years ago, fixed under warranty. Been ok since, but doubt that it is any more robust than it was originally.

You could ask Epson for a quote to repair? It would bring the OCD in me out. Probably not many others on this forum with OCD-tendencies...

Edit: given it seems to be a common (known) issue, if you didn't mind being without the PJ for a week (or, god forbid,the risk of a courier losing or dropping it) might be worth asking for an out of warranty Goodwill repair.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom