Question Epson LS-10000 v Sony VW320

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KDR1979, Apr 29, 2016.

Tags:
?

Epson LS10000 v Sony VW320ES

Poll closed May 3, 2016.
  1. Epson

100.0%
  2. Sony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KDR1979

KDR1979
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for any advice on which of the above projectors to get (epson LS10000 / Sony VW320ES) - or any other recommendations in that price range.

Will be used in dedicated 5m x 5m cinema room, minimal ambient light, split equally between watching movies, watching sport and gaming (COD / NBA)

Thanks!

2. magicman72

magicman72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have a LS10000 and I LOVE it, very expensive but worth it. Plus no lamp changes, work out the saving for your usage.

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,016
    I saw them both together with a JVC X5000 and with HD material I preferred the Epson. I'm not yet convinced about HDR but if that was important, depending on if Sony fixes it's implementation, I'd go for the JVC. I'd need to see the 'fixed' Sony otherwise.

But really you should get a demo for yourself because you may have different thoughts/preferences to me, and it's a lot of money to spend on something unseen. Having said that, you can't really go wrong with any of them as they're all very good.

Gary

4. john01707

john01707

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I aggree with all the above advice, i have an LS10000 and cannot fault it. no bulb, switch on and of with no warm up and cool down. superb blacks and a picture that is second to none, get yourself a demo or call alan at idealav he might be able to help