Epson LCD vs Benq DLP in 2013

Which one has a better image, better blacks, better shadow detail, sharpness?

• Epson TW5910 LCD

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Benq W1070 DLP

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

kevo82

Novice Member
Knowing that all cinemas have DLP projectors, no, I don't think I see RBE.

So? DLP or LCD? What are de differences in image quality? It's true what I wrote above?

Some opinions about Benq 1080ST DLP?

Last edited:

Lee

Hi Kevo. To avoid the Epson owners thread going off topic I've moved your post to this thread that you have ongoing.

You can't use a comparison of the cinema for seeing rainbows. Some users have had to sell on their DLPs due to RBE being unbearable.

Last edited:

kevo82

Novice Member
Hi Kevo. To avoid the Epson owners thread going off topic I've moved your post to this thread that you have ongoing.

Ok, but I wanted to see some opinions of some Epson owners, before buying the Benq W1070.

Lee

Where are you based? We could see if there is a dealer nearby for a demo or maybe a member would kindly invite you round for a look.

kevo82

Novice Member
Where are you based? We could see if there is a dealer nearby for a demo or maybe a member would kindly invite you round for a look.

Thank you, you are kind, but I've allready checked that. There are Epson and Benq dealers, but no demo it's possible.

I will have to buy one of them, and if I don't like it, return it, and get the other one. I just hope that, in that case, I won't like the first one more than the second :facepalm:

Dan L

Looking at the OP I guess Kevo is based somewhere in Europe (as in not the UK) which will obviously limit potential user demos.

kevo82

Novice Member
After some searching, I found a pretty good comparison between W1070 and TW6000 (3010 in US)

BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

So the two projectors are quite similar, but I have doubts that TW5900, will raise at the same level as W1070.
TW5900 has half the contrast TW6000 has, so I will buy the W1070, and if I have problems with RBE, I will return it and settle with TW5900.

kevo82

Novice Member
Guys, I hope you are still around.

After 9 months :suicide: I decided that I will buy the Benq W1070, and I ordered it yesterday from Amazon.co.uk.

BUT today I see that Epson TW-5200 is just 90£ more than Benq W1070, has the option to buy the wireless lan adapter (~100£), has vertical AND horizontal keystone (not sure if has optical lens shift like Benq has on vertical, or it's just keystone correction) and has lower noise level.

I still could cancel the order, and get the Epson TW-5200 instead.

Please please, could you help me with an advice?

I will miss the "plasma look" that Benq has, but Epson's lamp price is less than half the Benq lamp price is...and can also be mounted in the corner of the room...
Can the W1070 be mounted on the corner of the room (15 degrees angle with the screen)? From what I understand, W1070 has only vertical shift, not horizontal also.

On the other side...does Epson has crappy black level, compared to W1070?

Please be around and help me with the choice, today. Thanks.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom