Epson launches EH-TW7000 and EH-TW7100 4K projectors - news discussion

A bit confusing, does it convert 4K content to HD and use pixel shift to double the pixels, (But still displaying an HD image) or is it like most other projectors that uses algorithms to increase the resolution via pixel shift. (Assuming 2 stage pixel shifting the image will be between HD & UHD)

Bill

I find Epson projectors are only good for 1080p in ECO mode, because once you view UHD video the projector has to come out of ECO mode to do Brightness for HDR and the projectors fan noise becomes to loud and annoying plus the lamp gets too hot, feels like you have a heater on in the room, but picture is Great from Epson 3LCD projectors

Any info on release date and expected price? Couldnt find any more on this:thumbsdow

Any info on release date and expected price? Couldnt find any more on this:thumbsdow
this was in the article - The EH-TW7000 and EH-TW7100 are available from October 2019, priced at £999.99 and £1599.99 respectively

could be a good alternative to the budget Benq and Optoma models

still waiting for Epson to come to the Native 4K game tho

could be a good alternative to the budget Benq and Optoma models

Unless the native contrast is superior to that of the DLPs then I think most would pick the others simply because they are offering a higher resolution and superior motion handling. The whole point for not choosing DLP is you crave proper contrast.

still waiting for Epson to come to the Native 4K game tho

I think everyone expect Epson to release this at the show but alas it didn’t happen, I honestly can’t believe that Epson who are the biggest projector company don’t want to compete in the 4K arena proper.

I need to examine specs more closely, but my initial thought is that this kills the 7400 simply because it supports full 18 Gbps HDMI.

I think everyone expect Epson to release this at the show but alas it didn’t happen, I honestly can’t believe that Epson who are the biggest projector company don’t want to compete in the 4K arena proper.

they are No1 afaik in the 4K arena albeit on the professional side of the industry and tbh i’ve seen a native 4K consumer size machine 3 years ago behind closed doors with the 4K chip velcro’d on the top off the case.

The imaged looked stunning so i know they’ve got the technology but they concentrate on the pro side as that’s what brings the money in for further development

it will come when the time is right for Epson

Allan :smashin:

^ Heres hoping it happens soon. ;)

I need to examine specs more closely, but my initial thought is that this kills the 7400 simply because it supports full 18 Gbps HDMI.
.. 7000/7100 is cheap alternative and everything else expect 18gbps is much compromised ;)

Very interested to see some reviews on this as i do like Epson and use them extensively in the business environment. Wondering how it would compare to the Optoma UHD40 for example. Also not being DLP i can see would appeal to some.

Hi
My Tw3500 has packed in, so looking at new PJ, 3pj,s in mind tw560 tw5650 or the new tw7000. Does epson 4k enhanced degrade HD material as at moment it is HD material I look at.
Your views on these machines appreciated

Hi
My Tw3500 has packed in, so looking at new PJ, 3pj,s in mind tw560 tw5650 or the new tw7000. Does epson 4k enhanced degrade HD material as at moment it is HD material I look at.

no one can offer you on hand experience on the new 7000 model as its not been released as yet ;)

Hi
Not at all, those pjs are actually HD, so for hd content new 7000 will give best most clear sharpest picture. It can also produce “4k” hdr image with eshift,and improvement over native fhd is questionable ;)) but for fhd -great

Anyone yet got hands on any of these? Though they should be out by now?

Hi All,

I am an epson devotee after having a 3200 then a 6600. The later recently failed but fortunately I had 6 years warranty, Richersounds have said the unit is being replaced and I have a store credit for the original purchase price.

The 6600 was great at HD and I have no real intrest in 4k as most of my content is HD anyway. I am getting confused though as the 7000 claims a 40000:1 contrast which is lower than the 6600's and the 7100 is an extra £500 and offers built in speakers (not necessary but nice). The 7100 claims 100,000:1 contrast ratio.

Is the 7000 really that much lower or is it calculated off the HDR which uses a filter (I'm not intrested in HDR for the cinema room).

Has anyone bought one of these yet?

After thinking about getting a new projector for the past few weeks, I've just ordered the TW7000 to replace my old Acer DLP projector (seen as it is reduced on the Epson store to £899). Should be arriving some time next week.

Be interested to hear your thoughts when it arrives. Does anyone know how to work out image size on this for a given distance? I’d like to mount it lens to screen 2.4m and wondered what image that would give...

I've downloaded the manual from the Epson website and in it gives a table with measurements for projection distance. For 2.35m it gives an 80 inch image. For 3.5m it gives a 120inch image, which is the size of my screen.

2.4m = the range 38” -> 80”

I've downloaded the manual from the Epson website and in it gives a table with measurements for projection distance. For 2.35m it gives an 80 inch image. For 3.5m it gives a 120inch image, which is the size of my screen.

HC3800=TW7100
The throw range is the same for the HC3200/TW7000, so the calculator can be used for all 4 (2):

After much searching i have found this :)

comes up with 7100/7000 in the list of home projectors, looks like at 2.4m i can get 51"-82" so a 78" fixed frame is the way forward for me i think.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom