Question Epson Home Cinema 2040 vs Optoma HD141x

thirdwave

Novice Member
Your pictures look decent good enough to watch, I am hanging on for my next upgrade I notice huge tvs are tumbling down in price 85inch ones less that 3k just be matter of time before they are even cheaper and bigger then you will get the deep blacks etc without hassle of playing with light and screens.
I have a 65" already but it struggles to match the cinematic feel of the projector-I doubt an 85" would be much different. One would have to go 100+ to get anywhere near the viewing experience but I suspect a TV that size (if it exists) would always be way outside my budget![emoji3]

Besides, I like the convenience of the projector (I haven't ceiling mounted it so can put it away once I've finished) and I'd be looking at getting a decent 4k model once one of my tellies eventually gives up the ghost..

bobbyduke

Banned
I will say having tried my 100 inch matte white screen again today the glass bead screen I use normally gives a lot better picture makes the blacks and whites much better.

thirdwave

Novice Member
I will say having tried my 100 inch matte white screen again today the glass bead screen I use normally gives a lot better picture makes the blacks and whites much better.
Thanks Bobbyduke..Just checked prices for a glass bead screen-appears to be over £200 for a 120" one so will definitely bear in mind when I'm looking to upgrade

bobbyduke

Banned
They are £120 quid next day delivery on ebay I see for 120inch, I paid £95 quid for 100 inch 4.3 model screen gives me 92 inch 16.9 screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom