Epson Europe EH-TW5200 - Throw Issues :(

Indie.Jones80

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Epson EH-TW5200 Projector that I really like, has great image quality and is a real nice size.
The problem I have with it is the throw distances are minute!

I have a Sapphire 2033mm x 1145mm Manual Screen which has a 92" Diagonal Screen.
For me to use my Epson EH-TW5200 to the screen size it needs to be 2.7m from the screen?!

My living room is 4m long and if I have it any further back the image throws way outside of the screen size.
Even on the maximum (negative) Zoom correction (make the throw smaller) I cannot get it past 3m before the throw shows outside of the screen...

Any ideas?
Totally rules out my pelmet mount option and I don't think I want to drag the projector and a table out overtime we want to watch a movie or large TV :?

Indie.

Any chance of bringing the screen further forward ?
You could box it in so that it looked like a wooden beam going across the ceiling, if you thought it would not look right with the housing just fastened directly to the ceiling.

Just find out the Epson doesn't have sense shift so I'm going to have to go with a coffee table setup when we want to watch a movie and suffer putting it away after.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom