Epson EMP-TW10H Video component problem

F

Finpro

Hello there, I am brand new here so I'd like to make the acquaintance of all of you guys by saying ''Nice to meet you all''.

I have just bought an Epson projector, model EMP-TW10H. The composite video port works all right. The computer port is fine as well. But the RGB component video port is faulty. The picture is not clear and it's too GREEN, literally. And of course, it's impossible to watch, it's just too bad. I am sure there is no problem with the DVD player. So the problem, I suppose, lies in the projector.

Does anyone who owns one like this have the same problem or if anyone happenned to know about this?

Thank you and cheers

Joshm74

Standard Member
Hi Finpro,

Welcome to the forums. I have the TW10 also and think its a great first-time PJ. In terms of your issue, as a preliminary step have you tried checking that the red, green and blue connectors on the component cable are securely and properly connected at both the DVD player and the PJ? If so, have you tried a different component cable in case the cable itelf is dodgy?

Also do you have another display that has component inputs that you could hookup your DVD player to in order to test that its not actually the DVD player?

Let us know how you get on. If indeed it is a defect with the PJ, Epson have a 3-yr onsite warranty, although if its brand new you may be able to simply swap it with the retailer.

F

Finpro

Hi Joshm74,

Thank you very much for your post. About the Pj problem, I've tried to connect it with another DVD player which I have just bought (stupid me, now I have 2 DVD players). Also I've bought another component video cable (of good quality, 24k gold plated). But they (the new DVD player and the cable) did not solve the problem. The picture was the same, just too green.

I am now going to the dealer to ask about this Pj of mine.

Have a nice weekend.

F

Finpro

Hi again, my Pj is now ok. It was all about the setting up. Now I am using the RGB SCART port and the picture is much better than that when using the conventional video port. Still I do not know why I have not been able to connect my DVD players to the Pj via the component video port. Perhaps I have to check them again, especially the set up menu to make sure that they are compatible. But for the time being I am quite satisfied with the picture made via the SCART port.

F

Finpro

Hi, now I know what was wrong with my Pj. Well, there was nothing wrong with it. It was just I did not know how to connect it to a DVD player properly. Now I've got the component video right, and the picture was great with the progressive scan function enabled. I just had to select the right output from the DVD player and the right input from the Pj. A valuable lesson for me hehehe...

Joshm74

Standard Member
Great to hear its all fixed. Most of the initial setup issues have simple solutions - took me a week to figure out why I couldn't get the widescreen picture working through my xbox - turned out that I wasn't waiting long enough for the PJ to re-adjust when setting the widescreen mode on it...DOH!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom