1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson EMP tw10H or Sanyo Z1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ukkel1, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Ukkel1

Ukkel1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking to get the Epson but have also been offered the Sanyo, which i believe is an older model. I will be projecting on the wall from approx 3 meters. Which one to go for? I have seen the various tests and they seem to be pretty good but i am tempted to go for the Epson as its a new machine and also has a 3 years warranty unless there are reason why i should take the Sanyo. Usage is DVD only. Many thanks
    Ukkel1

2. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got an Epson laast week and am really pleased with it. For under £540 I couldn't find anything else to touch it. There is a load of threads on AVS forums that compare the two and the Epson always comes out well.

I am only running it through s-video at the moment and can't believe the quality and lack of fan noise. Obviously this is currently considered a low spec machine, but what do you expect for this kind of price?

Compared to my old Infocus LP400 it is in a different league.

3. Dear Mr Echo

Dear Mr Echo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I couldn't compare between the two projectors but I have the Epson (in fact the slightly lower spec version without the 'H') - I think it's a very good projector for the money and I paid about £80 more than the current lowest price (Dabs I believe) less than 2 months ago.

It's not a projector to go nuts on the screen size with. As it is I am using a 60" (diagonal) screen that I got free with the projector but at my viewing distance which is about 3m, the biggest image I can get without seeing the pixel structure is about 1.7m wide. Obviously it will be less if you have to sit closer.

hope that is of some help