Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Epson EMP-TW10H, geometry problem.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ArsoN, May 20, 2005.

1. ArsoN

ArsoN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I finally took delivery of my Epson today, and WOW, what a picture. I have a few niggles though, my first rickety DIY screen is not high enough compared to it's width (about 3cm off), and I was just wondering if there's a way I could zoom the image out a little (projector is on minimum manual zoom) so it'll fit in the top and bottom bars?

On the whole, it's an awesome PJ for my first buy, and I'm thoroughly hooked on HC now. Bring on the dedicated room!

2. dave_h34

dave_h34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Did you make your DIY screen using a 16:9 ratio? I'm convinced my tw10h projects and image too 'tall' for its width i.e. not the correct ratio!

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Try to avoid max / min zoom, as you've found it leaves no room for adjustment if needed.

Either make the screen bigger, or move the PJ closer to the screen.

...PJ :)

4. dave_h34

dave_h34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Is it?! Bo^&$%ks, I've been using "normal" to watch widescreen, I didn't think it looked correct. Just to confirm then, I should have my 575 output set to "16:9 Widescreen" and the Epson set to "squeeze"? What a numpty I am!! Do you get any vertical banding btw?

Cheers. :thumbsup:

5. ArsoN

ArsoN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just watched a movie on squeeze mode, much better. The small black bars at the top/bottom covered any overspill I had, made the film much more enjoyable to watch. Thanks for the tips (getting my manual back out now).

6. dave_h34

dave_h34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I re-read the manual too, talk about clear as mud, to me it says:

use 'normal' mode as this will project whatever the source is giving out

but also says:

use 'squeeze' to correctly project a 16:9 input!!!

A bit of net trawling would suggest that squeeze is indeed the one you should be using, its the one that 'unlocks' the anamorphic screen info in dvds. Epson should really be capable of producing better manuals imo.

Does look better now though!