1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson emp-tw10 or infocus X1?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bonjourdel, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Bonjourdel

Bonjourdel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I am after a budget projector for home use. I will use it for satellite TV and DVD's (all 16:9).

Is it better for me to get the Epson emp-tw10 as this is 16:9 format Native. Or is the Infocus X1 OK?

When the Infocus X1 projects a 16:9 image, are there white sections at the top and bottom? How does a 4:3 projector like the X1 cope with 16:9?

The X1 is a little cheaper but I want to be happy with the 16:9 picture.

Sorry to take so long. I apprecaite your comments.

2. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I made my screen from mdf board painted with non reflective matt white paint. I took into acount the light at the top and bottom on a 16.9 image and painted a big black border around the outsides ,this adds percieved contrast to the image and hides the light at the top and bottom of image. the whole thing looks great. I spent a fiver for the board and 10 for the paint and I got the INFOCUS X1 for 588 pounds .so for about 600 pounds I am watching a 73 inch 16.9 screen that"s flatter than a plasma. You would have to pay 10 grand for a 73 inch plasma and I doubt the picture would be that great.