1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson EMP-7300 v Sanyo PLV-Z1 lol

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fozziebear39, Jan 17, 2003.

1. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi

I am considering buying a Sanyo PLV-Z1 (more than considering!) but in the meantime my partner brought home a projector from work just to try out. It was an Epson EMP-7300 and I was blown away. Had Playstation 2, Sky football and HCPC going through it just on a white wall. Awesome.

Question? Will coming down to the Sanyo Z1 be an as impressive picture? I like the pricepoint and the short throw of the Sanyo, don't really want to stretch to a Sony HS10 (and smaller screen)

Thanks

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Not sure why you consider this "coming down".

I think you will be amazed at the image you get from the little Sanyo.

Whilst the brightness is lower than the Epson, the contrast ratio is much better. Couple this with the true 16:9 ratio on the Z1 and you have a projector which is much better suited to home cinema.

I work for an AV installer and used to "borrow" projectors from the office regularly. I have had a Sanyo PLC-SU30 (1800 lumens 800x600 resolution) and a PLC-XP40 (2600! lumens 1024x768 resolution) installed at home in the past.

The SU-30 was twice the price of the Z1 and the XP40 was five times the price. I wouldn't swap either of them for the Z1. Brightness alone does not a good projector make...

Steve