1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson EMP-7000 projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bigsteve, Oct 24, 2001.

1. bigsteve

bigsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be extremely grateful for any advice or recommendations. Basically I am using an EMP-7000 projector with my home cinema set up, using the SVHS connection to my pioneer DV-505 DVD player, but the image is slightly 'fuzzy',(slight 'ghost' image), with fast moving images.I presume it is the refresh rate of the projector(?), but the only way to increase this is by using one of the 15 pin VGA connections. I would like to be able to use a progressive scan video signal from another DVD player, to allow improved image quality, but I am unable to confirm whether this signal is compatible with this projector. After trying to research this product on the internet, I am unable to find any details on this specific model, but came across the following, referring to an EMP-5000 model(?) :
    "The stock 15 pin VGA port shows that this unit’s first port-of-call is the office environment as it requires a VGA to RCA adapter if you intend to use RCA sockets for progressive scan 480p or higher resolutions. Standard RCA and S-Video sockets are also supplied."

I would like to confirm that this is possible with an Epson EMP-7000 projector, and also which pins of the VGA connection should be used.
    (The projector has 2xCOM ports, SVHS and composite video).

Thanks for any assistance, feedback or advice.

Steve.

:confused:

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The early Epsons had some dredful lag problems which was do to the decoder and deinterlacer.

These were more of a business presentation projector than Home Cinema.

I don't know if the 7000 had the same issues. Try to get a demo of an Iscan on your projector that might improve it.

T

3. bigsteve

bigsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I presume that a Progressive Video signal into the iScan is required?

Steve.
    :¬)

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Steve,
    An iScan is a de-interlacer. It creates a progressive scan image from an ordinary DVD player/Sky STB/VCR/etc. They are a popular alternative to Progressive scan DVD players because they handle a wider range of sources and there are no problems playing R2 Pal DVDs.

This is a little box about the size and thickness of two stacked DVD cases. Inputs are 1 x Composite, 1 x S-Video and 1 x Component. The output to your projector is via the 15Pin D socket. UK retail price around £750
    More info at http://www.dvdo.com/dvdo/iscanpro.asp

Your Epson would see Progressive scan NTSC signals as a PC source at 640x480 resolution. It's not clear from the user manual on the Epson web site www.epson.com/ quite what the 7000 would make of Pal progressive. I think you would need to try your projector and an iScan together before purchasing.

There is no mention of Progressive scan Component compatibility at all for the 7000 or 7000XB. Unless someone else knows differently, I would presume that there is no support for standard or Progressive scan component signals with your Epson projector.

Regards