Epson Emp-5000 Advice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cheslynmf, Apr 23, 2003.

1. cheslynmf

cheslynmf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been given one of these projectors but it is not working because the lamp has been broken.

I have looked into getting a replacement bulb but the cheapest I have seen them is £270 plus vat and delivery. I dont want to outlay that sort of money if the projector is not going to be suitable for connecting to a dvd player and surround sound amp...

Can anyone advise me whether its worth spending the money on a new bulb or point me in the direction of getting hold of a used bulb.

Thanks

2. jpianoman8

jpianoman8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I truely think that this projector is worth paying the money for a new lamp. I just got an epson powerlite 5000 from my brother and from about 20 feet away (as far away as I had space for.) I could read the small text from my computer screen. The resolution was great. Except for the green shadowing lines from the failing green lcd panel. I just picked another emp-5000 (broken) up on ebay for $21.50. Hopefully it will have the mini lcd panel that I need.