Epson Emp-1000 (1080p on a budget)

rubberducker

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't see anything on the forum about these beauties. You can pick them up from US ebayers for about the £1200 mk - which seems like a bargain to me.

the write ups sound great (like they are a new breed of cheaper 1080p projectors that should lead the way for other manufacturers), but i was wondering if anybody on the forum has one and would care to give us some info.

i know they are new, but someone must have had a chance to put it through its paces?

i think this may well be my next purchase.

Pretty sure that if you do a search in this forum you will find quite a bit about the EMP-TW1000. It has now been replaced by the £3k EMP-TW2000 with a newer generation of LCD panels which is called something like the 1080UB in the USA (note that the USA models have different names than in the rest of the world). Also note that some of the threads on here about the EMP-1000 have bemoaned the lack of support for 1080p/24. If the ebay ones are the same model then this could be an issue for you.

I own a TW1000, and although I'm happy enough with (have to be) watching SD DVD's, I don't now watch HD DVD or Blue Ray due to the juddering with the 24 fps issue which Epson completely stuffed up on, taking out, indeed, the whole rationale of their first high definition projector.

The TW2000 corrects this problem and looks to be a great machine, but unless Epson ever do get back to me as to whether a firmware upgrade fix is and/or will be available for the TW1000 I won't touch another Epson on principle. If I had the money at the moment I'd be buying the Mits. HC6000 (without hesitation).

Since you're looking for budget 1080p... The Mitsubish HC4900 is available for about £1300 in the UK. I've done a thread on that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom