Epson EH-TW7400 or Epson EH-TW7100

Jawc

Novice Member
Reaction score
Epson EH-TW7400 or Epson EH-TW7100

Hi all,
I am new to the AV world. I am shopping for my first projector for use at home. The main purpose will be to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime movies and tv shows. It will be used in a living room with light coloured walls and white ceiling, black out curtains are used.
The room measures 4.1m x 5.8m and ceiling height is 2.4m
I can get both the Epson EH-TW7400 (new and boxed) and the EH-TW7100 (156 Lamp Hours) for £1200 but I am stumped as to which I should pick.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I have not purchased a screen or speakers yet but I do intend to purchase both.

I also posted this on another thread as I have a time limit of Friday at noon to decide if I want the TW7400.

Much Thanks

I considered all these models before I bought my 9400 recently.

For me it would be the 7400 due to the lens memory with motorised zoom and shift so I could use it with a 2.35:1 screen. I suspect the 7400 will also use better quality lenses and be a bit quieter in real world use. These would all be really important to me.

Potential advantages of 7100 are a bit more lumens output, supports 18Gbps transmission i.e. 4k HDR @ 60Hz, has built in speakers and Bluetooth sound output. It's also appreciably smaller.

Based on reviews I've seen their black levels are fairly comparable in practice. OK in normal room but not a very dark batcave type environment.

The 7400 is really designed for permanent installations whereas the 7100, while it can be ceiling mounted, is aimed more at those that want a projector every now and then e.g. get it out and plonk it on the coffee table to watch a movie or a big match by plugging a Firestick into the back of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom