Epson EH-TW7200 Reviewer's Recommended Best Settings

Steve Withers

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Epson EH-TW7200

Colour Mode: Natural

Brightness: 0

Contrast: 0

Colour Saturation: 0

Tint: 0

Sharpness: Standard

Colour Temp: 6500K

Skin Tone: 3

Power Consumption: ECO

Auto Iris: Off

Advanced

Gamma: 0

RGB: Offset Red 0, Offset Green 0, Offset Blue 0, Gain Red -10, Gain Green 0, Gain Blue -8

RGBCMY: Red H0/S0/B3, Green H6/S0/B-2, Blue H-10/S0/B0, Cyan H0/S0/B-3, Magenta H5/S0/B7, Yellow H-2/S0/B3

EPSON Super White: On

Hello Steve, just entered these settings and it looks great! Thank you for testing this and sharing it with us. Just for my curiosity, can you explain how you get these settings? Do you calibrate yourself?

I saw a 7200 in Richer Sounds the other day. I've never been too happy with black levels on my 6000, and had been considering a second hand 9000 / 9100 as my next upgrade.

I'd not really considered the 7200. Where wise forum would the samrt money go?

Hello Steve, just entered these settings and it looks great! Thank you for testing this and sharing it with us. Just for my curiosity, can you explain how you get these settings? Do you calibrate yourself?

I saw a 7200 in Richer Sounds the other day. I've never been too happy with black levels on my 6000, and had been considering a second hand 9000 / 9100 as my next upgrade. I'd not really considered the 7200. Where wise forum would the samrt money go?

Marijn, we calibrate all the projectors and TVs we review against the industry standards and using professional equipment. You'll find more info in the Test Results section of the actual review, which is where the settings come from.

Andy, you might find the review interesting too, here's the link: Epson TW7200 3D LCD Projector Review | AVForums

Hello Steve, I was not doubting for a moment that it should not be professional of course, just curious how it was tested. Is it fair to assume that all EH-TW7200 give the same results when installed out of the box?
Love the forum by the way ;-)

Our approach to testing is quite complex but we are currently working on a couple articles that will hopefully better explain the graphs we use and the calibration process in general.

In answer to your question, if you look at the graphs in the review of the TW9200, you'll see that they are very similar so I think it is fair to assume that all the TW7200s will give a similar performance right out of the box.

Hello Steve, what I meant was is it ok to assume that all Epson EH-TW7200 will have the same test results on factory settings, or might there be differences?

I've only tested one TW7200 so I can't say for sure but yes, I think they would all deliver generally similar test results in their factory settings.

Mine gets delivered this week so I'm looking forward to trying your recommended settings, thanks for posting them. :thumbsup:

Steve.

I saw a 7200 in Richer Sounds the other day. I've never been too happy with black levels on my 6000, and had been considering a second hand 9000 / 9100 as my next upgrade.

I'd not really considered the 7200. Where wise forum would the samrt money go?
TW7200 will be the better option

One question, I see that firmware upgrades are possible with micro USB, but I cannot get any information on the Epson website or in the manual. Anyone ideas how I can update the firmware? It's for the EH-TW7200

hopefully getting one of these soon, so will try thes settings thanks

don't hesitate about this beamer, it will blow you away for sure!!

I'd also be interested in this as I get a poor picture when watching anything in 'top and bottom' 3D mode.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom