Question Epson EH-TW7200 or Sony VPL-HW40ES

Russ 66

Distinguished Member
You need to have a dem as only you can decide.
Personally I wouldn't have a three panel LCD like the Epson as they are prone to dust blobs.

xs2man

I had this dilemma recently. Didn't get a chance to demo the Epson, but all the reviews seemed to point to the Sony. I did manage to get offered a good deal on both, and the Epson would have come in a bit cheaper, but went for the Sony in the end.

Should be here for the weekend.

Fejie007

Novice Member
I have a budget of £2000 and after reading all the reviews decided these two are my best options. The epson has a wide lens shift which considering the shape of my room would be ideal and more flexible. However the sony is quieter and gives a better picture from what ive been told.. is there any other projector within my budget that has a wide lens shift like the epson but also gives a great picture like the sony too?

Russ 66

Distinguished Member
Unless you look at a secondhand JVC at that price point it's the Epson or Sony.

Andrew K

Banned
I have a budget of £2000 and after reading all the reviews decided these two are my best options. The epson has a wide lens shift which considering the shape of my room would be ideal and more flexible. However the sony is quieter and gives a better picture from what ive been told.. is there any other projector within my budget that has a wide lens shift like the epson but also gives a great picture like the sony too?
It's down to these two

Fejie007

Novice Member
Im gona book a demo with both projectors then decide which to buy.. however which screen would be best? Matt white, grey, glass bead etc to give the best picture. The projector will be placed in the bedroom once renovated and there will be total light control however the walls will be painted cream and ceiling white.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom