Epson EH TW7100 vs 9300

RathOX

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i was just looking at getting a new projector & was looking at the epson EH TW7100 & also found a TW9300 for the same price with a new bulb. Was wondering if its worth grabbing the 9300 over the 7100? for nighttime dark room movie watching on a spandex screen. Watching netflix, disney+ amazon prime & also blu rays

yup mate. 9300 would be 2 generations better than the 7100 and from the higher end product line. it also should hopefully come with a year or so warranty, i'd check the serial number.

its short comings is the HDR only has 2 tone curves whilst the Epson 9400 has liek 20 via HDR slider.

I dont think it has any shortcomings compared to the 7100 and should leave it in the dust with 4K e-shift, some HDR support out of the box, better contrast and black floor.

The new bulb is worth £100 alone and will ensure you get about 1000 hours of very high end bright performance from it.

I own 2 of them and I think they are fantastic machines for the money with a premium build quality, excellent lens shift, most have warranty coverage for at least a year even now, cheap as chips bulbs to replace and enough lumens to be usable in most setups.

Its major cons to watch out for are:
1. can't do 4K&60&HDR at the same time
2. no dynamic tone mapping

You didn't quote how much ur paying but if its in the region of £1000-1300, I think its an absolute no brainer this day in age. Its performance is VERY comparable in 2D/4K/3D to a 9400 which is FANTASTIC value now we have its successor released at £4500.

an upgrade from them would be the JVCs if you manage to see any in that price range. I don't think you'll find a comparable Sony projector at the 9300 price.

Wel
yup mate. 9300 would be 2 generations better than the 7100 and from the higher end product line. it also should hopefully come with a year or so warranty, i'd check the serial number.

its short comings is the HDR only has 2 tone curves whilst the Epson 9400 has liek 20 via HDR slider.

I dont think it has any shortcomings compared to the 7100 and should leave it in the dust with 4K e-shift, some HDR support out of the box, better contrast and black floor.

The new bulb is worth £100 alone and will ensure you get about 1000 hours of very high end bright performance from it.

I own 2 of them and I think they are fantastic machines for the money with a premium build quality, excellent lens shift, most have warranty coverage for at least a year even now, cheap as chips bulbs to replace and enough lumens to be usable in most setups.

Its major cons to watch out for are:
1. can't do 4K&60&HDR at the same time
2. no dynamic tone mapping

You didn't quote how much ur paying but if its in the region of £1000-1300, I think its an absolute no brainer this day in age. Its performance is VERY comparable in 2D/4K/3D to a 9400 which is FANTASTIC value now we have its successor released at £4500.

an upgrade from them would be the JVCs if you manage to see any in that price range. I don't think you'll find a comparable Sony projector at the 9300 price.
l for 1 its not 2 generations newer its older but in the higher product like or PC not HC. The 7100 is newer and its successor is £2500 xD which is 9400 aka 6050UB even higher than that is laser not lamp…so not even gonna continue replying have a good day lol too far for a bedroom HC. Wish i could delete the post. Think gonna buy the 9400 and be done with it :) cba with stupid HDMI limit and HDR tone mapping issues the 9400 fixes all of it

Last edited:
Wel

l for 1 its not 2 generations newer its older but in the higher product like or PC not HC. The 7100 is newer and its successor is £2500 xD which is 9400 aka 6050UB even higher than that is laser not lamp…so not even gonna continue replying have a good day lol too far for a bedroom HC. Wish i could delete the post. Just gonna buy the 9400 and be done with it :) cba with stupid HDMI limit and HDR tone mapping issues the 9400 fixes all of it

Ur right, got my wires crossed with the naming conventions. apologies.

Nice mate. 9400 is an awesome projector. I owned one and it was fantastic. In view of the pricing for the newer PJs, its an absolute bargain.

Nice mate. 9400 is an awesome projector. I owned one and it was fantastic. In view of the pricing for the newer PJs, its an absolute bargain.
Yeah for the price its around 2400/2500. Doing a 91 inch 2.35 for the bedroom with my 5.1.2 dont have a dedicated room yet but soon haha. Also spandex screen so 👌🏻

Yeah for the price its around 2400/2500. Doing a 91 inch 2.35 for the bedroom with my 5.1.2 dont have a dedicated room yet but soon haha. Also spandex screen so 👌🏻

Sounds like a killer setup for the bedroom and if you do decide to go to a dedicated room one day, the Epson can clearly produce an even bigger image if you need it to.

i bought the 7100 brand new for £1270 very happy with it.
You doing 2.35 / HDR? If not, not a super helpful comment xD because “im very happy with it” is subjective.

Trying to find whats actually the best option for £1500
either options has issues trying to find the least worst option

3800 would provide the brighter / better HDR experience pretty good contrast and no HDMI issues

9300 would be motorized lens so easy change of aspect ratio, better PQ / contrast but HDR is broken / HDMI issues

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom