Epson EH-TW7000 or Optoma UHD42

TincanMan

Novice Member
Hi!
This is my first forum post so I would like to start by thanking the team, moderators and all you content contributors for making a great job day in and out.

This is another A or B question and the reason for it is that I have no means to A/B the two machines.

My EH-TW9000w suffers from vertical lines and as my room is not “treated” but rather white/bright walls and light ceiling and floor I cannot make use of a 9400 as replacement. I do have 5 sets of 3D glasses for it still which talks in favor for staying with Epson

The TW7000 (3200) was recently on sale for around £845 so I placed an order for it and is awaiting delivery.

Looking around I notice that the Optoma UHD42 (us UHD50x) has received very positive reviews. I know it is a DLP vs the 3LCD but usually do not suffer from RBE.

What is your recommendation? Is the UHD42 45% better than the TW7000 (3200)? (as that is the price difference where I live.)

The TW7100 (3800) is £600 more than the 7000 I ordered so I find it had to see it being almost double as good as the 7000.

Thankful for any recommendations.

TincanMan

Novice Member
Well today it arrived so I guess I will finds out what my opinions is vs my old TW9000w atleast. Wish you all a great weekend

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom