Question Epson EH-TW7000/EH-TW7100 Firmware 1.02 Update

Yeah my AV amp and TV too.... Epson's projector update system is real old school (according to my flatmate).I'm not the best when it comes to this stuff, I thought Fat and Fat32 were the same thing doh!

So i was using an 8gb USB formatted to Fat32 with the new update 104 Epson emailed to me and i couldn't get it working. I was doing to unplug the power cord, press start etc.... which is right i will add. But the thing i was doing wrong was you need to format the USB to 4GB and use 'Fat' file system (not Fat32) and it worked the first time.

Why they cant just add an update icon in their menu setting is beyond me?!

Cheers

Hi.

I have EPSON TW7000 and I have a few advices, notices and questions.
Maybe it helps someone. Let's discuss about it.

1. Helpdesk send me information to format pendrive as FAT32, but PDF attached to firmware says about FAT. FAT and FAT32 are two different filesystems. Fortunately for me FAT32 was good enough and probably it doesn't matter which one you choose.
  2. There are two USB ports: vertical described "AC Output" and horizontal one. Update works only form port which is NOT described as "AC Output", so You should plug into horizontal one. For me it makes a difference.
  3. There is firmware 1.04: Pomoc techniczna but of course they didn't attach any changelog so I don't know what was changed. Do You have any changelogs for any versions?
  4. In my scenarios, all devices connects to Epson with SBC codec or can't connect. And it doesn't matter if device supports AptX or not - Epson shows me that connection is SBC. I've tried which numerous headphones and other devices. I have 3 devices which every one supports AptX: Sony WH-CG700N, Liberty Air 2, Widex ComDex. All those devices connects and works in AptX when I use them with cellphone (LG V20) or my laptop (Dell Precision 7100 Win 10), but when I try to connect with Epson - it's still SBC (ComDex and Sony) or can't connect at all (Liberty Air 2)

Hi. I am trying to update to 1.04. I followed the process and I see it is blinking for about 1.5 minute, reading the USB pendrive (lights on the USB pendrive confirm this). But I think fw has not been updated, the version my projector shows is 97010264GAWWV100. Could you please check yours?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom