epson eh-tw6100 or optoma hd30

I know that feeling as I ordered my TW3200 on Thursday on next day delivery:- it didn't turn up yesterday and it still isn't here today and I am gagging to set it up and have a play. Very annoying that I will have to wait until Monday at the earliest and will probably have to wait until next weekend to set it up.

Glad to hear you are pleased with your new toy - I'm jealous!

Hi Dasher, did your TW3200 turn up, and have you had a chance to play with it yet?

QUOTE="slimgym, post: 20460931, member: 105611"]correct £599[/QUOTE]

Wow, better deal than I got. Nice one :thumbsup:

Hi Dasher, did your TW3200 turn up, and have you had a chance to play with it yet?
Yes it did arrive but I have been a little busy this week to really play with it.

I did have one mini screening with the mrs to see what she thinks and it was very positive! Originally we were going to semi convert our garage into a home cinema but discussions this week have resulted in us deciding we will probably move this year so I don't want to be wasting money on something I will get little use out of.

Therefore I started a temporary install yesterday and am hoping to finish it this weekend - I will put some pics up early next week to show how I have got on.

The projector itself is big but the image quality is superb for what we want. Wish me luck with the project as I didn't progress very far yesterday :0(

Nice one.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
My project will kick off in a few weeks time. Just gathering all of the components I need (screen, projector ceiling mount, lights, various fittings.)

Nice one.
Good luck, and keep us posted.
My project will kick off in a few weeks time. Just gathering all of the components I need (screen, projector ceiling mount, lights, various fittings.)
Finally got somewhere today with the screen installation. All fitted and boxed out with a slotted pelmet - I've put a corded curtain rail behind the slot so that the curtains are now up too and can be open and closed. Screen goes up and down cleanly and I think looks great with the curtains immediately behind it - even my mrs gave it the thumbs up.

I've left a gap at the top of the pelmet to put LEDs on the ledge behind; I've put a set of white LED rope lights up there also to see what it will look like when I get the proper strip ones ordered - I think I will be going for the multi coloured ones so thy we can change the mood of the room. What I have noticed is that the rope lights are too bright so I need to do a bit of research to get see if you can dim them or get different levels of brightness.

I have taken pics but I've only just tidied up the mess so I'm off for a bath. Maybe tomorrow I will start a new thread for those that are interested.

Cheers all,
DD

Any pic's Diablo!

I am working on it but I have taken it all down again for painting. I went for Bowler Hat grey from the dulux timeless classics range but it is way too dark as the primary use of the room is a sitting room with French doors out into the garden so I have to agree with the mrs when she gave it te thumbs downs. Back to B&Q to get something different and I will start a thread I promise!

I've taken the chandelier down and found a rather odd spider living on it. Now need to repair the hole and get the downlights in. Also bought some Siemens remote plug sockets so that I can control all lightin without getting off my bum lol.

they update the site daily usually except Saturday and sunday just your luck if one appears I checked daily for about 3 weeks before one appeared it was refurbished 2 pairs of glasses unopened in box and 0 hours on bulb unmarked still wrapped in polythene took the gamble and very happy with it

one year on projector and 30 days on the lamp , all the info is on the link I posted...cheers

hi guys interested in those two projectors never had DLP but don't see RBE (saw optoma hd25e in Richer.Sounds), anyone seen both of these in action ? if so any info on which is best , will be used in room semi black-out but have light coloured walls and ceiling will be used day and night not a gamer just sport and film...cheers...already have Epson eh-tw 5900 feel like a change
im also looking for an upgrade from my panasonic ax200e projector was thinking either a benq w1070 or optoma hd30 or optoma h151x looking for better hd pic and better. blacks

The Benq is a lot brighter than both your old PJ ant the optoma HD30 so that could wash out the blacks. Personally I would go for the HD30 but without more information about your setup we can't confirm anything??

The Benq is a lot brighter than both your old PJ ant the optoma HD30 so that could wash out the blacks. Personally I would go for the HD30 but without more information about your setup we can't confirm anything??
100" duronic 1.1 gain matt white screen, im looking to get a dinamic pic from something like cinema mode, i find cg films look awsome but its only a 720 projector so was hoping a dlp and 1080 projector would guve me what i need ,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom