• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Epson EH-TW5900 or EH-TW3200 for gaming & movies?

Kummeli

Standard Member
Which one would you suggest? I mainly play NHL and driving simulators and watch blu-ray movies.

Room is about 25m3 and viewing distance will be about 4-4,5m. Screen is gonna be 108" white screen with 1,0gain. Room will be completely dark. Projector will be mounted on the ceiling.

I've read that the 5900 has lots of lag but others say it doesn't.. So my main concern is; will it be laggy in games like NHL and GT5 or some rally game?

Or is there some other brand/model I should get for the same price range?

Which one would you suggest? I mainly play NHL and driving simulators and watch blu-ray movies.

Room is about 25m3 and viewing distance will be about 4-4,5m. Screen is gonna be 108" white screen with 1,0gain. Room will be completely dark. Projector will be mounted on the ceiling.

I've read that the 5900 has lots of lag but others say it doesn't.. So my main concern is; will it be laggy in games like NHL and GT5 or some rally game?

Or is there some other brand/model I should get for the same price range?

I had the Epson TW3200 and now have the TW6000 which is similar to the TW5900.

I would say that I haven't noticed any lag on the TW6000 and I play a lot of racing games.

Also the TW3200 is not the most reliable of machines in my experience. I had 3 units before changing to the TW6000.

The TW5900 also has 3D which the TW3200 does not. If you really need lens shift though you will need to get the TW3200 as the TW5900 does not have lens shift.

Kummeli

Standard Member
thanks for reply. I'm starting to lean towards the 5900.. The placement isn't going to be an issue to me. The shop I'm gonna buy the projector has a 30 days moneyback quarantee so I can always change it to 3200 or so..

mcspongy

Both will be fine. I play Dirt 3 a fair bit, but for whichever games its a different experience playing on the big screen. I'm sure I'm faster....maybe!!!

mcspongy

Enjoy. There is a really good FAQ thread for the TW3200 which gives good base settings. I've only used mine for just over 200 hrs (mostly ps3) and I've not had any dust blobs so far (ceiling mounted).

Kummeli

Standard Member
Thanks mcspongy! I'll check that out. The PJ just came in yesterday but the room isn't finished yet.. May take a week or two to get it done.. So nerve-racking! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom