Question Epson EH-TW5350 blink occasionally

larrytanjj

Novice Member
I have been looking around for some solution to it but majority is not as similar as what I am facing. My projector is less than a year with lamp hour of 700+. Recently my projector blink occasionally just like how a human blink the eye. The image is not distorted or having any bright spot. No change in brightness. It just blink. I usually used eco mode but I have try to use normal for a couple of days as some claim to be the lamp problem. But it didn't work for me. I try a different HDMI on the projector and the same time happen. The source is my gaming desktop and it is connected to a monitor via display port and HDMI to the projector. While using the monitor it does not blink at all, so I assume that it has nothing to do with my desktop. Anyone has any idea what's going on? I am using a 5m HDMI cable

4K ethernet-adaptive HIGHSPEED HDMI cable - CAC-HD14E10BK2

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Are you using a PC? if so, try dropping the bit depth colour option from 12bit to 8bit within the graphics card settings. I had an issue once with a blinking from a PC and it turned out to be a driver update issue, which would not deliver 12bit. When I changed it to 8bit everything worked fine. When another new driver was issued, I was able to access 12Bit again. Oddly, I couldn't roll back with the driver.

If you are using other electronics which are plugged into an AV amp with HDMI, then this can also cause blinking, as digital HDMI signals work the same way as computers on the same network. Even if they are in standby, they can be communicating with each other and if one of these cables is playing up, it can cause havoc with the AMP making it display some very odd characteristics. If its this, you may find that you could have to reset your amp back to its defaults in order to rectify the issue together with the boring process of identifying which cable is at fault.

If you do have to reset, simply take a picture of the setting, so you know you will have it sounding just like you did before you had the issue once you have re-inputted them.

Regards, Shane

larrytanjj

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply and yup it is a PC. Yesterday I have try changing from 12bits to 8bits in the nvidia control panel. However it still blink occasionally. I further try to change the out dynamic range to RGB, 444 and 422. Still the problem occur, I try using the default color option and still the same. Tonight I will be trying to send the refresh rate to 59hz to see if it help. :)

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Try unplugging everything for 20 min's too. If there is any information holding for some reason, that will remove it too.

Then try the above again.

I seem to remember, mine was a nightmare. When it was having a real tantrum, It only had a second of screen and two to three seconds of no screen. I'm sure I ended up formatting mine first just so I could see then screen. On the second attempt, is what revealed it was the drivers.

I'm still using the same card today without any issues. So it could have been a rogue download to which goosed it somewhere within windows.

Good luck, hope you fine the solution.

Regards, Shane.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom