epson eh-tw5210 keystone adjustment

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by thechompster200, Apr 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. thechompster200

thechompster200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi guys. I have an epson projector. The one in the title and since i got it i measured it all up with the throw distance and to get a 92" picture it has to be at least 8ft 2inches awa from screen. Mine is about 8ft 4inches but doesnt fill the screen by several inches.the projector in on top of a unit on my wall and cannot go back any further. Projector is higher up than i would like it so i have to tilt it quite far pointing down. Used quite alot of keystone correction. Can that make the picture quite a bit smaller? If so i can always move the unit down. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,017
    Yes, keystone correction reduces the image size and can be quite noticeably smaller in some cases. There was a thread here very recently where the size difference was very apparent in the image the guy posted:

Benq W1080ST+ throwing light outside screen limits!

If you undo the keystone you will see how big the image should be, and then as you readjust it, you will see how it shrinks in size.

Gary

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  3. thechompster200

thechompster200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Result thanks for that. Will give it a go when im home. That will make my day if it works out :)
    Will let you know.

4. thechompster200

thechompster200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Just to let you know. Took keystone completely off and temp held the projector much lower under the unit and now fits the whole screen so just need to buy a little shelf for it to sit on. So happy :) thanks for your help mate.

5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,017