• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Epson EH-TW3500 Throw Distances

mariegriffiths

Standard Member
I am thinking of getting a Epson EH-TW2900 to directly replace my Short Throw Panasonic PTAE100 projector. I'd like to keep the distance at 3m to give the 2m wide screen. However using the projector calculator this puts me into the red. Is this a very bad thing? Would it be too bright/distorted? If necessary I could go to 4-5m but it means another hole in the ceiling.

Last edited:

custard10

Prominent Member
remember those measurements are for the lamp in bright mode .
you can reduce the output by using the projector in eco mode.
if you want to reduce it further you can always use a filter or use a grey screen with gain less than 1.
the lamp will also dim with time.
entering the red should not be too much an issue as long as you are not too far into it.
its also helpful to enter the red if you cant control ambient light.
using the projector in its optimised cinema viewing mode is going to result in a loss of some brightness aswell.

better not to use the projector at the extreme range of its optics but you are abit below that with your setup.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom