Epson EH-TW 7300 / 9300 Owners Thread

Just received mine (TW7300)... this thing is huge compared to my old Optoma HD67N...:rotfl:

TW7300%20001.jpg

TW7300%20002.jpg

TW7300%20003_1.jpg

Just a quick test, everything on "Factory Settings" + Image Enhancement on "Preset 3" - very promising taking into account the input signal (satellite dish).

Last edited:
Do you know if any receivers would also perform this function of downsampling? Do you need a linker for each source e.g. X Box one S and PS4 Pro?

Many thanks to all who have provided a response. The world of 4k is much more involved than I thought and not the plug and play I had hoped.

Sorry I don't. You only need one linker as you attach that to the hdmi out on av receiver and then the hdmi cable from projector to linker:)

Did anyone come from or test against the Sony 45 before buying the 7300?

I demod an Epson 9200 this afternoon and was quite impressed.

Did anyone come from or test against the Sony 45 before buying the 7300?

I demod an Epson 9200 this afternoon and was quite impressed.

if you were impressed with a 9200 you certainly will be with either of the new models i'd have thought

Didn't like it at all.

Very useful bit of feedback.

Thanks

Brilliant.

I got whinged at in the Sony 45 thread for explaining why I didn't like the 65 (which is pretty much the same projector) so didn't want to set myself up for another load of abuse by explaining in here. I hadn't noticed you were a mod though.

My problem with the Sony 65 was the lack of crispness to the image compared to my Optoma HD80.

It also seemed very difficult to set the convergence perfectly and no matter what, we couldn't make image look like it was in focus. The Sony didn't seem to be able to recreate textures very well. Skin, road surfaces, clothing etc.

My subsequent demo of a TW9200 was much more favorable. Crisper picture, brighter image and, in my opinion, better colour. Great texture - probably because of the sharpness.

In summary, the Sony image looked just like the cinema - 10 years ago, the Epson looked as good as the cinema now.

Brilliant.

I got whinged at in the Sony 45 thread for explaining why I didn't like the 65 (which is pretty much the same projector) so didn't want to set myself up for another load of abuse by explaining in here. I hadn't noticed you were a mod though.

My problem with the Sony 65 was the lack of crispness to the image compared to my Optoma HD80.

It also seemed very difficult to set the convergence perfectly and no matter what, we couldn't make image look like it was in focus. The Sony didn't seem to be able to recreate textures very well. Skin, road surfaces, clothing etc.

My subsequent demo of a TW9200 was much more favorable. Crisper picture, brighter image and, in my opinion, better colour. Great texture - probably because of the sharpness.

In summary, the Sony image looked just like the cinema - 10 years ago, the Epson looked as good as the cinema now.

Thanks

thats not right

the Epson should look better than the cinema is now or at least my 9300 does :D

Can the convergence be altered on these?

I ask because I've just read a review on another site and you can see the Blue needs moving despite them saying the convergence was "quite good".

Can the convergence be altered on these?

I ask because I've just read a review on another site and you can see the Blue needs moving despite them saying the convergence was "quite good".

yes they have pixel shift on them and you can actually adjust each and every grid area, not just the 4 corners, both colours, red and blue

its definitley worth taking 20-25 mins time to do this as well, for instance, a customer "set up" his own 9300 a little while ago and actually told me it was the best image he'd seen on a projector

i went over a 8-10 days later to set it up properly and before i started i adjusted the pixel shift first for him and he then said that it was like he'd been watching it out of focus :D

thats why no matter how much you think you know, there's no substitute for having a properly set up projector and it made me think just how many owners out their who don't bother to do it, the controls are there and i just wonder how many simply don't bother ;)

yes they have pixel shift on them and you can actually adjust each and every grid area, not just the 4 corners, both colours, red and blue

its definitley worth taking 20-25 mins time to do this as well, for instance, a customer "set up" his own 9300 a little while ago and actually told me it was the best image he'd seen on a projector

i went over a 8-10 days later to set it up properly and before i started i adjusted the pixel shift first for him and he then said that it was like he'd been watching it out of focus :D

thats why no matter how much you think you know, there's no substitute for having a properly set up projector and it made me think just how many owners out their who don't bother to do it, the controls are there and i just wonder how many simply don't bother ;)

I hope it's ok to post this but this, apparently, is "quite good" and doesn't need adjusting:rotfl:

Epson-EH-TW9300-E-shift-4K-OFF-zoomed-1024x576.jpg

I hope it's ok to post this but this, apparently, is "quite good" and doesn't need adjusting:rotfl:

Epson-EH-TW9300-E-shift-4K-OFF-zoomed-1024x576.jpg

i hope that wasn't a customers who'd had a dealer setup :D

is that an epson btw or something else?

i hope that wasn't a customers who'd had a dealer setup :D

is that an epson btw or something else?

That was a 9300, the 7300 was slightly worse.

It was "out of the box" but you would have thought for the sake of a far comparison and review they'd get the basics right.

Hi newbie here I was wondering if any of you guys can help with problem with the The Force Awakens 3D bluray on my screen I've thin lines running horizontaly across the top half of screen throughout the movie ,it looks like a large thumb print . The 2Dv is fine and the 3D on tv is fine.Is there any settings on Epson that can get rid of this

is this only on this particular film, can you post a photo please showing the lines

Allan

That was a 9300, the 7300 was slightly worse.

It was "out of the box" but you would have thought for the sake of a far comparison and review they'd get the basics right.

when you say "they" do you mean Epson or the dealer you saw them at, if its the former then Epson cannot be blamed, if its the dealer then lets just say if they can't be bothered to set them up properly they shouldn't be selling them :nono:

when you say "they" do you mean Epson or the dealer you saw them at, if its the former then Epson cannot be blamed, if its the dealer then lets just say if they can't be bothered to set them up properly they shouldn't be selling them :nono:

It was an online review.

So it was the reviewer's fault!

As for a real-life demo, I'll be giving you a call.

It was an online review.

So it was the reviewer's fault!

As for a real-life demo, I'll be giving you a call.

its amazing this, not sure if the reviewer just showed a before pixel adjustment was made shot and didn't bother showing an afterwards shot or just didn't bother doing the adjustments at all o_O

Last edited:
is this only on this particular film, can you post a photo please showing the lines

Allan
Hi yes it has only been on this movie I've tried different Hdmi cables and glasses , unable to do photo at the moment as my setup is in living room . There just thin slightly wavy lines but only the top half

seems strange that its only on that one film don't you think

a photo would help us or confuse us even more lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom