Epson EH-LS11000/12000 owners thread

I watched the UHD disc of Moonfall last night. It's a crazy movie, but it's reference material on the Epson LS12000. These pics are pretty accurate to what I see on my screen. Taken with the iPhone 13 pro max in pro photo mode. Projector is not ISF calibrated yet. Just out of the box Natural mode.
IMG_20220511_225300~2.jpg
IMG_20220511_225339.jpg

IMG_20220511_225351.jpg

IMG_20220511_230042.jpg

IMG_20220511_230028.jpg

IMG_20220511_230814.jpg

IMG_20220511_233703.jpg

I
IMG_20220512_000406.jpg

Last edited:
I last updated to the EPSONPJ_HA47WWV1101.bin back in early March. From EPSON's webpages it looks like there's a subsequence update available EPSONPJ_HA47_WWV111.bin for Version 111.0 . The numbering implies it's a more substantial update. All information found at the pages:

I don't know what the new update does - but will install it sometime in the next few days when I get some time.
The update 0115J5V111WW_1110WW is not new. That's the same version i updated to when i first set up my projector, it was first available a month or so ago. Definitely worth updating as its supposed to improve sharpness.

If you are a Gamer then I feel this PJ is pretty much MADE for YOU!

A lot of the upgrades appear to be aimed at gaming, rather than home theatre, though there are some. If you do both then I think you'll be very happy.

Apart from lack of 3D. For some a big disappointment, for other, who cares!
Spider-Man NWH in 3D now!! I'm excited to watch it.

If you are a Gamer then I feel this PJ is pretty much MADE for YOU!

A lot of the upgrades appear to be aimed at gaming, rather than home theatre, though there are some. If you do both then I think you'll be very happy.

Apart from lack of 3D. For some a big disappointment, for other, who cares!

When I had my 9100 10 years ago, was when I watched a bit of 3D. Purchased a whole bunch of 3D movies. Then I stopped using it so much. I like to recline flat and you really have to sit up to watch 3D.

When I had my 9300 I never used it. It wasn’t till I had my 9400 I used it again. My 8 year old daughter was picking a movie to watch and she looked at monsters vs aliens and asked what 3D was. I was excited to show her but of corse, the 3D glasses wouldn’t charge because it had been so long. So I purchased a couple of 3D glasses.

Watched that movie last year and haven’t watched another 3D movie since. Most expensive movie I’ve watched to date 🤦‍♂️

Definitely a marmite subject that's for sure. I dislike it with a passion. Not having 3D not a problem for me at all.

I watched the UHD disc of Moonfall last night. It's a crazy movie, but it's reference material on the Epson LS12000. These pics are pretty accurate to what I see on my screen. Taken with the iPhone 13 pro max in pro photo mode. Projector is not ISF calibrated yet. Just out of the box Natural mode.
View attachment 1695762View attachment 1695763
View attachment 1695764
View attachment 1695765
View attachment 1695766

View attachment 1695767
View attachment 1695770
I View attachment 1695771
Picture looks great , which screen are you using ?

Picture looks great , which screen are you using ?
Thanks! It's just an inexpensive Elitescreens matte white. Cost me a total of $300. I think your room treatment (black velvet, etc) has more of an effect than paying big bucks for an expensive screen.

IMG_20220429_115626.jpg

Perfect thanks. I’ll take a look when home

I hope you got this sorted out. I had exactly the same issue. Come on Samsung, this is a premium product at least have a few flashing lights telling us what is going on. Is the file corrupt, can it not see the file, wrong format, incompatible USB drive, file structure?

I ended up trying 5 USB drives I had , all of differing sizes and types including ad SD card, formatting them to Fat and just having the firmware file on but every time I got the same symptoms as described. Fans on full, orange lights for a few seconds then power off. Trying to write a logfile gave the same results but in this case the PJ just stays with full fans on and 2 orange steady lights, with the manual saying never touch it until it's finished or you might screw up the PJ and it won't start.

I eventually found an old 4gb USB drive and finally managed to get it to work. My guess is that it has some sort of arcane drive size limitation. I'm not sure as there is no info or help on this from Epson. Why do Epson thinks that someone buying an expensive PJ would need a 12 year old USB drive in order to flash the firmware?

Anyway, I hope this might help someone having the same trouble as I did. Persevere and use the oldest USB drive you can find.

A couple of notes and thoughts on updating the firmware. It has been mentioned above that this only works when the USB drive has been formatted with the FAT file system and not FAT32. However, the FAT file system has a maximum size of 4G, so if your USB drive is more than 4G then you cannot format it as FAT and it sounds like that will prevent it from working.

If you can’t find a USB drive that works, the manual also has instructions for connecting a computer directly to the USB service port of the projector and transferring the firmware file that way. The service port is mini USB, instead of the more common micro USB, so it might take a little effort to find a cable that will fit (a lot of cameras used mini USB, so if you have a cable for an older digital camera that has a good chance of being what you need).

I didn’t try the direct connection method, but for me the firmware update worked on the first try with my 4G usb drive.

A couple of notes and thoughts on updating the firmware. It has been mentioned above that this only works when the USB drive has been formatted with the FAT file system and not FAT32. However, the FAT file system has a maximum size of 4G, so if your USB drive is more than 4G then you cannot format it as FAT and it sounds like that will prevent it from working.

If you can’t find a USB drive that works, the manual also has instructions for connecting a computer directly to the USB service port of the projector and transferring the firmware file that way. The service port is mini USB, instead of the more common micro USB, so it might take a little effort to find a cable that will fit (a lot of cameras used mini USB, so if you have a cable for an older digital camera that has a good chance of being what you need).

I didn’t try the direct connection method, but for me the firmware update worked on the first try with my 4G usb drive.

Useful information, I didn't know about the FAT vs FAT32 thing. It's annoying that the PJ provides no clue as to why it isn't working. If the manual emphasised FAT vs FAT32 it would help. An error code would also help. Maybe I'm just a bit sore because I wasted 3 hours trying to get a simple thing to work.

Useful information, I didn't know about the FAT vs FAT32 thing. It's annoying that the PJ provides no clue as to why it isn't working. If the manual emphasised FAT vs FAT32 it would help. An error code would also help. Maybe I'm just a bit sore because I wasted 3 hours trying to get a simple thing to work.

Yeah, it’s definitely confusing, especially compounded by the fact that a lot of people just refer to FAT32 as FAT, but like I said, FAT has a hard limit of 4G, so if your drive is over 4G (which is super common now) then it’s definitely not FAT.

I personally have not confirmed that FAT32 doesn’t work, but given your experience above and that of another person a few weeks ago it certainly sounds like that is the case.

Yeah, it’s definitely confusing, especially compounded by the fact that a lot of people just refer to FAT32 as FAT, but like I said, FAT has a hard limit of 4G, so if your drive is over 4G (which is super common now) then it’s definitely not FAT.

I personally have not confirmed that FAT32 doesn’t work, but given your experience above and that of another person a few weeks ago it certainly sounds like that is the case.
Fat32 works. I updated mine with a 4gig USB stick formatted to Fat32. My PC is still running Window 7 64bit and the only format options are Fat32 or NTFS.

12000 for sale:

12000 for sale:

Yep, just offered asking price after @burtonpark gave me a heads up.... Suppose this means I can now finish my room. My 70m2 of black fabric is now in stock along with all my ClothGrip track and some free insulation. Hopefully I won't have much on next week so I can do fun stuff !

Epson LS11000 3-LCD 4K Projector Review

Interesting review of the LS11000 by Dave Harper. He’s advocating the use of Dynamic mode for the best contrast performance on HDR content. Not had a chance to try it myself yet on the 12000.

Just wanted to add to this discussion. LS11000, 110" Silver Ticket High Contrast screen, non light controlled room, 80% brightness and Dynamic mode with no other changes.

Attachments

• PXL_20220522_100627235.jpg
    PXL_20220522_100627235.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 224
That’s pretty disappointing. When you say non light controlled room, do you at least have blackout blinds or is that with the curtains open?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom