Epson EH-LS11000/12000 owners thread

Not sure if it runs any cooler than the bulb based projectors but you will notice it runs quieter, 75% laser is similar to eco mode on your projector and that is bright.

I too have a 120” 1.0 gain screen and the 12000B is much brighter than my previous Epson TW7300.

Not a gamer myself, but others who are have nothing but good things to say about the experience of 120Hz gaming.

The only problem you have now is stock availability. I was very lucky to get mine soon after launch, I didn’t realise they would be so thin on the ground.

One thing to mention on this is that the fan, appears to increase if the unit gets hot, so if you find the fan a bit noiser than you expect, it may be because the unit is getting warm, but like you cay on the whole if kept at a normal temp, it is higher brightness for less noise than the bulb models.

Have you ordered yet, what are stock levels like?

Nope, not yet, just waiting for a refund to go back on my CC then I'll order it. No stock will wait as long as it takes. I know Ricky already has a few on order.

As Mark says, one of our stock orders goes back to October last year when they were first made available for order. We have other orders in place, but at the moment, it is just a waiting game to see when that starts coming through. I think they were hoping to have some stock arrive this month.

Hopefully this will be fixed in firmware but currently it keeps the same brightness / picture mode in SDR and HDR

A £1k oled can do this but a £4k projector can’t. Something not right there.

A £1k oled can do this but a £4k projector can’t. Something not right there.
It does switch colour space, but if say you have brightness at 75% for HDR and switch to 50% for SDR, it will stay at 50% the next time you pick HDR. You could always fix this by making your own presets I guess.

Can you please let me know if this works. I have the Denon X4700H so it has one 2.1 input. My PC is at the back of my cinema room and I have a 15m cable to go to the front of the room into the Denon. If the earc works like mentioned, it means I can run a 10m cable to the projector and use the 2.1 input for my Series Xor PS5.
I will if I go for the Epson. The Sony is sorely tempting.

Hopefully this will be fixed in firmware but currently it keeps the same brightness / picture mode in SDR and HDR

If you get a DTM solution, you can just set the DTM to target SDR target nits so you don't need to switch modes. That way you essentially have a SDR-level image from HDR source, which might not be as bright as some people want but will have more contrast and better blacks.

I just wish infuse would sell/license Apple their DTM solution as it works well for ripped content on the ATV. That would then give us a streaming box with DTM too and all bases then covered.

I just wish infuse would sell/license Apple their DTM solution as it works well for ripped content on the ATV. That would then give us a streaming box with DTM too and all bases then covered.

I'm pretty sure with Apple's engineering, they could nail DTM if they wanted.

They probably just don't realise its importance because a small proportion of their users use projectors, most high-end OLED TVs and LCDs can handle most of the HDR colour spectrum and have DTM built in and the low-tier TVs aren't great for HDR even with DTM.

Apple after all have a remote calibration service on their ATV's using an iphone which absolutely blows my mind.

For me and you who use projectors, DTM is absolutely the holy grail and needed but for 99.5% of the world, its not needed because either they have:
1. OLED TV with DTM or an OLED TV which covers most of the HDR target spectrum
2. high end LCD TV with DTM or covers most of the nit spectrum
3. An average TV which doesn't really have capabilities for HDR anyway and won't benefit much from DTM.

One thing to mention on this is that the fan, appears to increase if the unit gets hot, so if you find the fan a bit noiser than you expect, it may be because the unit is getting warm, but like you cay on the whole if kept at a normal temp, it is higher brightness for less noise than the bulb models.
To be honest the 9400 also modulates the fan with room temp. If my room gets too warm, the fan certainly gets more intrusive. Not really surprising that the lasers would do the same. If there is heat, then you want it away from the electronics as that extends the life of them!

I wish the 10500 did this, the air coming out is Luke warm at best on full laser

I wish the 10500 did this, the air coming out is Luke warm at best on full laser
Sorry maybe I’m missing something here. In my small room that is upstairs and warm or hot year round, I find my 10500 fan (only used on Eco) hardly changes pitch unless I change input. In over 1800 hours, I can count the number of times on one hand, when it hasn’t gone off straight away powering down. I switched from a x5000 partly because the heat that chucked out regularly became unbearable (along with glacial HDMI switching speed, and the loud orchestral accompaniment of e-shift that drove me bonkers).

Sorry maybe I’m missing something here. In my small room that is upstairs and warm or hot year round, I find my 10500 fan (only used on Eco) hardly changes pitch unless I change input. In over 1800 hours, I can count the number of times on one hand, when it hasn’t gone off straight away powering down. I switched from a x5000 partly because the heat that chucked out regularly became unbearable (along with glacial HDMI switching speed, and the loud orchestral accompaniment of e-shift that drove me bonkers).

I agree it doesn't change, as my unit is on high the fan is driven all the time more than I suspect I need, hence the reason I wish it was temperature controlled, I wish it was a little quieter

Finally ordered. Right c'mon Epson, make some units pronto please. Got a cheap ALR screen off the classifieds so interested to see how that pans out. The thought of not putting up a load of MVEL for movie nights is quite appealing. Should be a good match to the LS12000 brightness. Given the PJ will be close to lens wide open there is a potential for issues though, fingers crossed.

Most likely it will be painted a suitable shade of Grey Steel to achieve 14-16fl on 50% power , whichever one that turns out to be. I enjoy painting and gradually ruining my screens :D

Last edited:
Just had fun trying to translate it ---> Google Translate <--- this site helps although it took about a minute to do it :smashin:

Just had fun trying to translate it ---> Google Translate <--- this site helps although it took about a minute to do it :smashin:

Yes it is definitely easier on iPhone to translate it, just click the translate button and it’s done. It’s incredible the detail this reviewer goes into with a firmware update, great to see.

The improvements look good based on those pics. Obviously they can be carefully chosen pics to demonstrate but still good .

The improvements look good based on those pics. Obviously they can be carefully chosen pics to demonstrate but still good .
Absolutely! although it looking promising. Have to see what everyone who owns one says when they've updated. You usually find in the real world that different rooms and screen types plus footage don't always show the bigger difference. But it will be interesting to see if the effects shown will be see-able from the standard test discs

Wonder if the projector with the new firmware is calibrated or on a different setting as some of the footage on the older firmware looks a little blown hiding some of the detail

Yeah when translated they suggest nothing but the update has changed between the comparisons. Looks like more than just resolution improvements on a lot of those shots. If it turns out to be remotely true it's quite a big improvement and surely getting within a fraction of true 4K.

Yeah when translated they suggest nothing but the update has changed between the comparisons. Looks like more than just resolution improvements on a lot of those shots. If it turns out to be remotely true it's quite a big improvement and surely getting within a fraction of true 4K.

According to Grazza its already not far away and its lenses are better than JVCs for edge to edge clarity so I'd say its pretty much going to be indistinguishable for 99% of users if its improved further and for those that maybe can tell the difference are still going to be left with soft edges on most JVCs whilst the Epsons will be clear from edge to edge.

Anyone that has one already .. how do you find the noise levels. Also how far away are you. Mine will be say 4/5 foot away from the closest seating position. I came across a video last night on youtube but I'm hoping they have a faulty one and it's not the norm.

Anyone that has one already .. how do you find the noise levels. Also how far away are you. Mine will be say 4/5 foot away from the closest seating position. I came across a video last night on youtube but I'm hoping they have a faulty one and it's not the norm.

Mine is directly above my seating position and the fan is all but completely inaudible at a laser level of 75 or below. Above 75 it is audible, but it tends to fade into the background and it doesn’t really bother me when I’m watching something.

Mine is directly above my seating position and the fan is all but completely inaudible at a laser level of 75 or below. Above 75 it is audible, but it tends to fade into the background and it doesn’t really bother me when I’m watching something.
Good to hear, thanks.

According to Grazza its already not far away and its lenses are better than JVCs for edge to edge clarity so I'd say its pretty much going to be indistinguishable for 99% of users if its improved further and for those that maybe can tell the difference are still going to be left with soft edges on most JVCs whilst the Epsons will be clear from edge to edge.
Yep, if anything it actually looks better than the N5 in terms of detail. The algorithm they’re using for the pixel shifting is absolutely superb.

Amazing that they can do all the 4 x pixel shifting as well as keeping up with 4K120. New processor must be pretty capable. Hopefully might get a few more tweaks along the way…..

Amazing that they can do all the 4 x pixel shifting as well as keeping up with 4K120. New processor must be pretty capable. Hopefully might get a few more tweaks along the way…..
Marky you mean dtm don’t you 🤣

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom