Epson EH-LS10500 Laser Projector Owners Thread

Ha ha yep you’re totally right. Idiot of the year award goes to...drum roll please. If only you didn’t quote me, I could have gone and done a cheeky edit. Missing a zero from the end of that one and even then I was still waaaaay off. I genuinely thought they were about 5k but turns out 15 would be more accurate. Doh, sorry peeps
Damn it, thought you knew a secret location I could get one for cheap! :laugh:

I think the lower models with less inputs/outputs and/or bandwidth are around £5000 I can’t remember the exact price breakdown though.

Damn it, thought you knew a secret location I could get one for cheap! :laugh:

I think the lower models with less inputs/outputs and/or bandwidth are around £5000 I can’t remember the exact price breakdown though.

If only. Even back of the lorry rates would be pushing it lol

Pass, I know the vertex definitely works. My issues were actually with the projector showing 1080p (god knows why) but I used the opportunity to faff with some of the settings and now can output LLDV to the projector using this so win win. Hopefully someone else can chime in with what models can do what. I have an HDFury Integral surplus to requirements this end if thats capable. I bought it off here a few weeks back to solve an issue with audio output from sky to my tv in lounge but in doing so, its messing with my matrix switcher. Happy to sell that on at what it cost me if you can check the spec of that. Currents in a cupboard with other bits but this bit is yet to gather any dust lol

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi, I just created this account so I don't know if this the right place to make such a post, so pardon me!
I've got an EH-LS10500 that's out of warranty, and I can't get an extended warranty for it as it's faulty at the moment. The projector comes on, but just before the laser lights up the Temp and the Laser indicators show orange, and the status indicator flashes blue. I checked the user manual and apparently, it's "Laser Driver Error. I've been googling for a while now but I haven't found any relevant information so I was wondering if anyone has any idea what might be causing the problem. Any help is very much appreciated.
Thank you!

Interested on how many hour others have got to now, I'm only tipping in at 640 hours after a three film weekend :thumbsup:

Birdman looked fantastic, soundtrack was great, but the film was erm.. odd ?

Finally got round to switching mine on to check. After lasts nights viewing, I'm showing 270 hours on the clock. And yep, Birdman was odd.

Last edited:
Hi, I just created this account so I don't know if this the right place to make such a post, so pardon me!

Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear your LS is faulty. Unfortunately I have no idea. You could try asking where you bought it from, or ask one of the calibrator on here if they’ve come across this... gordon@convergent, Rickyj or canary jules spring to mind. They are all good guys.

Good luck

I am clocking in at 4900 hours so far in just over 2 years, picture looks as good and bright as when first calibrated by ricky at 200 hours. (albeit not tested for any dimming so far). The decision to not upgrade to a N5 2 years ago was the smart move for me as I use this as my main viewing source.
As I have quoted previously this projector is the Laser bargain of all time at the current used prices !! :clap:

Mine went off for repair under warranty a couple of weeks ago for a totally different issue but when I’m in the loft in a couple of weeks to get the xmas tree down, I will check the details of the repairer epson used so you can contact them directly. They should be able to sort it as their authorised repairer

I've got an EH-LS10500 that's out of warranty, and I can't get an extended warranty for it as it's faulty at the moment. The projector comes on, but just before the laser lights up the Temp and the Laser indicators show orange, and the status indicator flashes blue. I checked the user manual and apparently, it's "Laser Driver Error. I've been googling for a while now but I haven't found any relevant information so I was wondering if anyone has any idea what might be causing the problem. Any help is very much appreciated.
Thank you!

Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear your LS is faulty. Unfortunately I have no idea. You could try asking where you bought it from, or ask one of the calibrator on here if they’ve come across this... gordon@convergent, Rickyj or canary jules spring to mind. They are all good guys.

Good luck
Thank you so much. Not sure how to get in touch with the guys you mentioned but I'll try to find my way around it.

Mine went off for repair under warranty a couple of weeks ago for a totally different issue but when I’m in the loft in a couple of weeks to get the xmas tree down, I will check the details of the repairer epson used so you can contact them directly. They should be able to sort it as their authorised repairer
That world be much appreciated. I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

No worries. Heres the details; shipping label / consignment from when they returned it is:

Equinox Maintenance Limited
10 Shannon Way
Tewkesbury Business Park
Tewkesbury
Gloucestershire
GL20 8ND
01684 290000

Thank you so much. Not sure how to get in touch with the guys you mentioned but I'll try to find my way around it.

That world be much appreciated. I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

With the 1.02 firmware are you able to have different advanced picture settings (Gamma, RGB levels, CMS) for each picture mode or does it only add the brighter HDR mode?

Mine is still n the original firmware as I understood all the update did as you say. There may be more to it and others can advise.

The only negative with the pj is getting SDR/HDR and BT709/2020 settings for the source material. Maybe it can be done on memories but not tried it.

Happy Christmas everyone.

after a day of projector action yesterday, my 3 month old vertex has cr@pped itself & no longer outputs on hdmi 0. Nothing has changed & all settings are same on both outputs, and swapping the hdmi lead into hdmi1 sorts it. Tried firmware update & reset with no joy. Swapped over the vertex from the other room & works. Bit annoying on something so new but hey ho.

Almost ordered vertex 2 but got drunk & ordered a diva instead :D I will give feedback once it rocks up

on a side note, had anyone managed to run a hdfury and an additional splitter successfully? I want it to output to 3 screens simultaneously and the receiver is so wedged in, it’s not an easy solution just to use zone 2 of that

Hi,

Just picked up an LS10500 does anyone know why it’d be displaying 000000 as the serial number??

61A5AD57-FCFA-469C-BD0F-F8B74FD78959.jpeg

Someone hacked the menu? Being skeptical!

That’s what I’m wondering as it’s only supposed to of done 31 hours from new and it’s now 3 years old?!

Is it a refurbished unit? Possibly epson forgot to programme the new serial number if this is the case. I don’t know but just spit balling

That’s what I’m wondering as it’s only supposed to of done 31 hours from new and it’s now 3 years old?!
I know I read the thread.....I wonder if any of the retailers/calibrators know if there is a service menu which can be accessed/checked? Sincerely I do hope i am just being a cynical git, and its all good, fully functional.

Try installing the epson software on a computer (think it’s projector manager but will check when next on laptop). This pulls up all the info on the projector when on network inc serial number, hours etc. I assume it will pull up the same info but just incase it’s like a car where someone clicks the speedo, the ecu still shows the actual mileage, it might be worth a look / try

Is it a refurbished unit? Possibly epson forgot to programme the new serial number if this is the case. I don’t know but just spit balling

Its supposed to of been purchased new and lightly used...i had my doubts before buying it but could only do limited checked...i've checked the serial number on the side of the machine with epson etc but just can't work out the serial number thing and I was a little concerned with the sticker on the side showing a different model number but the serial number does come back as an LS10500 on the epson website...

IMG_4596.jpeg

Just checked, your label is the same as mine (although mine is down perfectly smooth & even). Model number on sticker is the same too

Thanks well that part puts my mind at ease then...i was expecting it to say ls10500 and when he took it off the mount and it said that I didn't really know what to do...i tried google but couldn't find much reference so that model number...

It shows a great picture I'm just a little concerned with the serial. number and now the lamp hours I'll try download this manager software and see...

Ok so the software im running is 'epson projector management ver.5.30'

I can't connect to mine to double check where to access the info (or that it definitely states it as now doubting myself) as my ip address has changed since installing it so need to set it up again. Its free to download from the epson site though so worth a punt and hopefully will clear up any doubts for you

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom