Epson EH-LE500 Owners

andypuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I could see any owners thread for the Epson EH-LE500 UST projector. Does anyone on here have one? Would be good to discuss this projector with settings tweaks etc done on the factory defaults....

Thanks,
Andy

Going by the professional reviews and users in the US it is a great projector. The only downside and why most people aren't buying this is the distance from the image to the back of the projector itself. If it had a shorter throw ratio then i would have probably bought it myself. Sorry i can't give you any info on it though, but if the throw ratio is fine with you then i think you would have a really great projector. Epson have released the LS300 UST projector also which is 1080p instead of 4K but no stock in the UK yet. Did you purchase the LS500 yet?

Brian

Hi Brian,

Yes, I purchased the LS500 at the start of the year and have to say i'm really impressed with the image quality I am getting from it. I'm using a tab tensioned screen with it, and the image is uniform throughout.

Andy

Glad to hear your really happy with it Andy, i'm looking to possibly purchase the EH-LS300 UST when Epson UK eventually get stock of it. Was told yesterday hopefully in a few weeks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

You'll have to let me know what you think of the LS300 when you get it. What screen are you going to be projecting on to?

Andy

Sorry @waj1234 - didn't notice the question you had on here. Hope you got the details you needed
I was just asking about ceiling mounting it due to my not so deep floating cabinet on the tv wall and the projector needing to be far too far from the wall considering it’s a ust.

After looking around all over it seems it can be but due to its fixed lens and distance to where the screen starts to lens it probably would be very hard to get it projecting straight.

I do like the idea though as it would still look neat in the living room.

I have considered the epson tw7400 and tw9400 but lamps put me off since it will be a tv replacement.

I have also considered the optoma hz40 due to good price and bright laser but I feel rainbow effect will bother me since I get migraines anyhow. It is 1080p but I don’t watch any 4K content so doubt it will bother me.

Only other I am considering is the new benq x1300i which is an led projector with 3000 lumens and is also 1080p and like the hz40 is under £1200.

I was just asking about ceiling mounting it due to my not so deep floating cabinet on the tv wall and the projector needing to be far too far from the wall considering it’s a ust.

After looking around all over it seems it can be but due to its fixed lens and distance to where the screen starts to lens it probably would be very hard to get it projecting straight.

I do like the idea though as it would still look neat in the living room.

I have considered the epson tw7400 and tw9400 but lamps put me off since it will be a tv replacement.

I have also considered the optoma hz40 due to good price and bright laser but I feel rainbow effect will bother me since I get migraines anyhow. It is 1080p but I don’t watch any 4K content so doubt it will bother me.

Only other I am considering is the new benq x1300i which is an led projector with 3000 lumens and is also 1080p and like the hz40 is under £1200.

Yes ceiling mounting this model would be tricky i imagine due to the fixed lense. You can lens shift though to an extent.

I will say that you get a really bright image even in daytime with blinds open on the LE500

Yes ceiling mounting this model would be tricky i imagine due to the fixed lense. You can lens shift though to an extent.

I will say that you get a really bright image even in daytime with blinds open on the LE500

I am tempted as think it would look good on ceiling too but I also don’t need 4k as never watch anything 4k so I may got for a laser driven dlp optoma hz40 4000 lumens still and half the price.

Thanks for the reply though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom