Epson EB-U04 vs Epson EH-TW5300

Nitroblast

Novice Member
I'm completely new to projectors and am not completely sure on what I should be looking for. My use case is going to be a 92-100 inch pull-down screen in my bedroom for watching movies (Blu-ray rips, played over Plex with a Chromecast) in bed (I used this site to find the ideal size of the screen). I'll generally only be watching at night, so background light isn't an issue. I'm going to mount the projector on the ceiling.

Based on my price range, I've narrowed it down to these two projectors which are exactly the same price on Amazon (£469). The main difference from what I can see is that the EH-TW5300 has 3D capability at 2200 lumens whilst the EB-U04 doesn't have 3D capabilities but has 3000 lumens. I'm not sure what to expect from 3D Blu-rays on a projector of this price, but if it is somewhat good then I have a line of films I would love to see in 3D.

My main question is this, how much difference is there between 2200 and 3000 lumens and are there any other important factors I should consider between these two? Are there also any other projectors I should consider at that price point?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom