1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson CX6600 Black ink cleaning cartridge....

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by nealgs, Feb 28, 2005.

1. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Having problems printing from our CX6600 all-in-one. Black ink is producing broken print lines and have gone through 2 cartridges trying to sort it out. Have been told by supplier of printer to try a Cleaning cartridge (normal printer cartridge, but is filled with a head cleaning solution instead).

Have not been able to find anywere that supplies them for this model, any one know of anywere that has them - printer is only 3 mths old or so.

cheers
    Gary

2. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem on my daughters printer. I solved it by running the printer head cleaning operation about five times. It seems a relatively short period of inactivity can cause blockages. I've never heard of a cleaning cartridge for this model.

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi cb - unfortunatley, we have gone throught 2 blacks and a full set of colors trying to clean the stupid printer - spoke to tech support of the firm were printer was purchased from, they suggested the cleaning cartridge solution

Will also give Epson help desk a call, but don't have Printer serial number on me so will have to wait.

Can find cleaning ones for the CX3200 but not the CX6600

cheers
    Gary