Epson CX6600 Black ink cleaning cartridge....

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by nealgs, Feb 28, 2005.

1. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Having problems printing from our CX6600 all-in-one. Black ink is producing broken print lines and have gone through 2 cartridges trying to sort it out. Have been told by supplier of printer to try a Cleaning cartridge (normal printer cartridge, but is filled with a head cleaning solution instead).

Have not been able to find anywere that supplies them for this model, any one know of anywere that has them - printer is only 3 mths old or so.

cheers
    Gary

2. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem on my daughters printer. I solved it by running the printer head cleaning operation about five times. It seems a relatively short period of inactivity can cause blockages. I've never heard of a cleaning cartridge for this model.

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi cb - unfortunatley, we have gone throught 2 blacks and a full set of colors trying to clean the stupid printer - spoke to tech support of the firm were printer was purchased from, they suggested the cleaning cartridge solution

Will also give Epson help desk a call, but don't have Printer serial number on me so will have to wait.

Can find cleaning ones for the CX3200 but not the CX6600

cheers
    Gary