Epson announce two new projectors with Ultra HD & HDR support - news discussion

Love my LS 10000. The image quality is incredible. Now on 782hrs so another 29000 to go in eco mode.

Iv got a tw6100w at the min and think it's a good picture. How much better do you think the tw9300w will be will I see a big difference or not

For the 9300W, on the main projectors page it says expected to ship within 2 weeks but if you go into the page for that model it says expected delivery from 15th September. Not sure which to believe, obviously I read the avforums announcement and it said by 21st July but not sure if they just took the 'within 2 weeks' info too or had info from epson. Does anyone know please?

We've been told September. I should be seeing one of the Guy's From Epson today. So, I should no more after todays meeting.

Regards, Shane.

Provisional launch day is about four weeks away (TBC, Official Date: September), I'm hoping (depending on other forces of nature (Good Luck o_O)) that I will get to see one of these within the next two weeks (its like gold dust I've been told).

The cover is as I've mentioned above, although looking at some newer photos of a sample model, the depth for plugging HDMI cables is quite large although I was informed that the rear cover was included too, this may mean its for other territories other than the UK.

So, not much to report other than what I've already found out. i did laugh about the 7 year life span of the lamp and said was it like a candle towards the end. The smile given was enough to tell me to stop being so pedantic. :D:laugh::p

Feel excited now about the products as they are seems to tick all the boxes for the majority of people

Regards, Shane

Last edited:
@ Gary lightfoot

Can I ask how you know the lower end Epson won't work for anamorphic projection

Can't seem to find anything about it ?

Cheers

Just heard i'll be getting a 9300w next thursday evening for evaluation and seeing what all the fuss is about

i'm not sure how long it'll be hear so if anyone wants to come for a look please feel free to get in touch

i can say the new epson's are creating quite a stir and i'm really looking forward to seeing these in action :clap::clap::clap:

Allan

Hi al

can you put me and Martin down for whatever's best for you

@ Gary lightfoot

Can I ask how you know the lower end Epson won't work for anamorphic projection

Can't seem to find anything about it ?

Cheers

Without going back through the thread again, I know I read it somewhere, and it's mentioned here too:

New Epson Home Theater Projectors Do 4K and HDR Starting Under $3,000

I'm pretty sure I checked specs for both somewhere and found no mention of support in the 7300 but saw it in the 9300, along with things like a second iris and an ISF mode. Of course we won't be 100% sure until someone gets a hands on review and can confirm things - it was incorrectly stated in a couple of news items elsewhere that these were using the same reflective technology as the laser LS10000 but that isn't true unfortunately.

Hi al

can you put me and Martin down for whatever's best for you

its not an event Andy as i haven't time to organise anything so its best you just give me a call when your free and shoot over

Without going back through the thread again, I know I read it somewhere, and it's mentioned here too:

New Epson Home Theater Projectors Do 4K and HDR Starting Under $3,000

I'm pretty sure I checked specs for both somewhere and found no mention of support in the 7300 but saw it in the 9300, along with things like a second iris and an ISF mode. Of course we won't be 100% sure until someone gets a hands on review and can confirm things - it was incorrectly stated in a couple of news items elsewhere that these were using the same reflective technology as the laser LS10000 but that isn't true unfortunately.

Cheers Gray

Didn't know if you got hold of a manual lol

Actually, I think I did now that you mention it! I'll see if I can find it - it had quite a few pages and that was where I saw the difference between the models as it used asterisks or numbers to refer to, where it says the model number it applies to.

The user manual can be downloaded as a zip file and comparisons can be made between the different models:

ftp://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/6030/epson603083eu.zip

After you've extracted the zip file, the manual is in the manual folder labeled usersguide - if you click on the manual.pdf file you just get a single page that doesn't take you anywhere.

Just heard i'll be getting a 9300w next thursday evening for evaluation and seeing what all the fuss is about

Hi Al,

Will you be able to do some direct comparisons/split screen with JVC or 4K Sony? Will be interesting to see what you think how the Epsons fair while still being your usual diplomatic self :)

Hi Al,

Will you be able to do some direct comparisons/split screen with JVC or 4K Sony? Will be interesting to see what you think how the Epsons fair while still being your usual diplomatic self :)

this is something i don't do Gary, i always leave the people who see things for themselves do any comparisons ;)

Last edited:
What about for the people who come to get a demo so they can report their findings? :)

What about for the people who come to get a demo so they can report their findings? :)

this is the pre-launch for a brand new Epson projector, do you honestly think Epson would be over the moon if i started comparing it with other manufacturers projectors

other dealers might do it but from a professional point of view this is something i'll never do Gary at a pre launch

now it's different if a customer wants to come and demo various projectors at a private demo but not at a launch Gary, sorry and I hope you'll understand the reasons why

Last edited:
I'd love to, but I'll have to wait for a more local demo. I'm both very busy and and in no rush, but still look forward to reading about people impressions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom