Epson announce two new projectors with Ultra HD & HDR support - news discussion

it sure has Neil and i'm off for a pint so i'll post it all up hopefully sometime tomorrow :clap:

btw its here for 1 week only as far as i know
What! No you must set it up now!!! We need feedback ;):D

What! No you must set it up now!!! We need feedback ;):D

I need liquid refreshment mate which is far more important :D

I've been busy with a customers calibration this morning then humping fathoms and projector stands all day rebuilding the dark room :eek:

quite frankly I've only just made it to the pub ;) its just sheer dedication that's driving me on :rotfl:

would anyone like a photo unboxing

btw this is the 9300W I've got :smashin:

Not to fussy about Unboxing but can we have charts instead...

Calibrated contrast ratio,

Black level,

Gamma & greyscale.

Also feedback on 3D, fan noise in low and high, that should do for now :D

Alan went a bit heavy on the sauce last night :D

one word

WOW

I've had the pleasure of been at Allan's since 12 looking at the epsons 9300.id like to thank Allan for this as he was still rebuilding room.

He's asked me to post my honest opinion on it

Well all can say is I'm blown away with it.

(I've only seen it with Blu Ray ,no 4K)

Out of about 20 clips we watched ,there wasn't one bad picture. All sharp (and I mean sharp) with no introduction of grain. Colours where lovely and natural,motion control (which is what is watch for) was amazing and smooth and blacks looked really black .The only thing I will say if the film has bad grain to start with (superman) it's still bad.(why film makers add this is beyond me).

The motorised lens was smooth and didn't take 2 minutes to set up.

There seemed to be lots of menus for tweaking with a few more hidden ones

The HDR didn't look good on some of the setting so left on auto and seems to sort itself out.

(Definitely one for the tweakers)

Would also like to add that this projector is big and along the lines of the ls10000

So all in in all I liked it (a lot)

I'd taken some photos but can't seem to upload

Ah its the 9300 that Allan received, i wonder how the 7300 will compare if the HDR is not that noticeable on the 9300. thanks for the quick opinion REJI!

bit worried abut the size if its comparable with the LS10k as thats a beast!

It might be possible to replicate the 7300 performance to a degree by having the lens iris (7300 doesn't have one) at minimum when checking the DI contrast performance as well as HDR, but will have to wait and see.

The dimensions of the pj are 520‎ x 450 x 170 mm (Width x Depth x Height)

So a possible alternative to a Sony vw 300es then?

I've had the pleasure of been at Allan's since 12 looking at the epsons 9300.id like to thank Allan for this as he was still rebuilding room.

He's asked me to post my honest opinion on it

Well all can say is I'm blown away with it.

(I've only seen it with Blu Ray ,no 4K)

Out of about 20 clips we watched ,there wasn't one bad picture. All sharp (and I mean sharp) with no introduction of grain. Colours where lovely and natural,motion control (which is what is watch for) was amazing and smooth and blacks looked really black .The only thing I will say if the film has bad grain to start with (superman) it's still bad.(why film makers add this is beyond me).

The motorised lens was smooth and didn't take 2 minutes to set up.

There seemed to be lots of menus for tweaking with a few more hidden ones

The HDR didn't look good on some of the setting so left on auto and seems to sort itself out.

(Definitely one for the tweakers)

Would also like to add that this projector is big and along the lines of the ls10000

So all in in all I liked it (a lot)

I'd taken some photos but can't seem to upload
Do you know what mode the pj was in? Did you try 4k upscale on and off?

Do you know what mode the pj was in? Did you try 4k upscale on and off?

it was in natural mode Neil, 6500K and 2020 colour, all the other processing was turned off and lamp in eco

4K on/off was seen by myself and someone who has just left and I'm pretty sure it's an obvious as the LS10000 is, first looks to me are that its sharing some of the LS10000's technology or seems to be which isn't a bad thing tbh

I'm a little bit gobsmacked how it performs ootb, the new glass lens can be focussed perfectly, it really does give razor sharp images with good colour and skin tone looks very natural

to cram all this in, tech wise for the money is great and I'm watching it tonight you bet

note to Epson; get plenty in stock as you're gonna need them

here's a few photo's straight from my iPhone so I make no apologies if they are rubbish

Last edited:
btw anyone wanting to come to see it I've secured it until a week this coming Monday so plenty of time for everyone

you should see Tomorrowland, it looks bloody gobsmackingly good :clap:

btw anyone wanting to come to see it I've secured it until a week this coming Monday so plenty of time for everyone

you should see Tomorrowland, it looks bloody gobsmackingly good :clap:
Can't make this viewing window sadly, do we have a confirmed release date now?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom