• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Epson 9300 or 9300W?

Glasgow

Standard Member
Hi folks
I have decided to go for Epson 9300. There is 13 meter btw AV box and the ceiling mounted projector (both in the same room). I thought I will need a balum but my local installer tells me that HDMI cable will be absolutely fine for 13 meter and will only cost £100 as suppose to his choice of balum which cost £300.

He has also mentioned the option of 9300W (£300 more expensive than 9300) and doing away with cables and possibly saving in installation cost.

Is there any disadvantage in 9300W?
Is he correct about HDMI cable being good for 13m?

He seems to be a genuinely knowledgeable guy and trustworthy
Thanks folks

jakimp

Distinguished Member
i have a 9300W - the wireless works perfectly. only issue is that every time you change source it takes 3 seconds or so for the sender and PJ to sync. doesn't bother me but some may find it irritating.

my dealer didnt have a 9300 6 months ago when I wanted one but helped me with the 9300W and at least that is one less cable running around the room for now.

plenty have run more than 10m hdmi cables but it can be a bit hit and miss from reading this forum

MartinH32

I have a 9300 with a 12.5m Amazon HDMI cable that cost £12.85 delivered. I've watch 40 hours so far on the projector and it's never missed a beat!

lexicon

9300W also useful if you have an AVR that defaults its 2 x HDMI monitor outs to lowest resolution and your tv isn't 4k. The wireless box has an HDMI TV output that's switchable from the remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom