Epson 6100 v 6600

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Coachman2003, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Coachman2003

Coachman2003
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've now sold my old PJ and am looking at the Epson tw-eh 6100 or the newer 6600. Now I know the 6600 has higher lumins but in real world is the £300 more a justified expense? I will be ceiling mounting so lens shift isn't an issue. That said if I did have it my wife is keen for not ceiling mounting the new one. Two weeks without one being there and she prefers it. That said £300 is a lot of money. Really torn as I started off just wanting full HD. It will be in the lounge in pretty dark setting. What do you think?

2. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +564
    The 6600 is a very nice projector in the same way as the 6100 was. For me the 6600 is really the 3200 reborn. This projector performed better than its price point and the same can be said about the 6600. It has lens shift and a reasonable throw plus its pricing is attractive.

As to how different it is to your old 6100 is a very good question. Yes it will be different in every way, yet it will still seem familiar. The throw is a little shorter so be aware of that. The image quality really site it perfectly between the 6100 is closer to the 7200.

Regards, Shane.

3. Coachman2003

Coachman2003
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Shane. I actually had an Hitachi pjtx200 until I sold it to a colleague. I was looking at buying either the 6100 or 6600. I walked to a local shop and had a demo of the 6600 and it was good. Unfortunately I can't compare to anything other than a Sony 40es which is £800 more. It sounds like you are recommending the 6600. Which is great advice so thankyou. I will say one thing, some of these stores don't do a great job, demonstrating their kit. Offset and out of focus at Richer Sounds. Superfi were excellent. Thanks again Shane.

4. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +564
    Yeah, I feel your right here. The PJ-TX200 was a nice projector and with this in mind the 6600 would be a better selection. Just check your throw as the PJ-TX200 has a similar throw so it's another plus point. If you're at the limit, just check your measurements.

The Sony is a very nice projector and cannot call it in anyway, however I feel the 6600 is worth the money more so than the Sony.

Regards, Shane.

5. Coachman2003

Coachman2003
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Shane